• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chairs.

Michael Humberstone

I am looking to purchase a new chair and wonder if your good selves out there can comment? on the the trakker levalite's otherewise I would look at Nash?.

I've just bought a Nash Indulgence High Back chair, very comfy, but probably not an ideal chair for roving. I'm on the larger side and it's for my 2-3 day sessions on the river so it's perfect. Highly recommended.

Take a look at Nash's eBay site. They often have chairs for sale, mostly ex demo gear. That's where I bought mine from.

If you don’t mind paying the money the nash indulgence ultralite is by far the best chair I’ve used for angling on rivers it’s well padded, comfortable but really light with it. There are plenty of other options most are cheaper but found them to either be well padded (comfortable) but heavy or lightweight but not comfortable. Depends what you’re after.

I treated myself to a trakker levelite longback recliner chair and its very comfortable and surprisingly light! But I use my trakker nano chair for most sessions as it's small and very light 2.2kg!

Last edited:
ive got a trakker levelite high back its very comfy and light not ideal in tight pegs

I bought a Korum Aeronium recliner last season and very happy with it - both light and comfortable. It's quite bulky, however, and there's no inbuilt strap so probably doesn't tick all the boxes.

On the subject of chairs/acute slopes, here's a few pics of the chair I use most when I intend fishing more than, say, 3hrs. With the pointed aluminium bars at the rear, this chair can be easily sited actually in the margins of the river, with the 'points' either stuck into the bank or onto a fashioned 'shelf' in the bank. All legs have been replaced to lengthen and strengthen.
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D.jpg

On the subject of chairs/acute slopes, here's a few pics of the chair I use most when I intend fishing more than, say, 3hrs. With the pointed aluminium bars at the rear, this chair can be easily sited actually in the margins of the river, with the 'points' either stuck into the bank or onto a fashioned 'shelf' in the bank. All legs have been replaced to lengthen and strengthen.
View attachment 16082View attachment 16083View attachment 16084View attachment 16085
Terry That’s loads more useful than these super light garden chairs they now flog.
I was so lucky to find an original Korum roving chair which needed no modification to be brilliant. Wish they’d bring something similar back in.
3kg and independent legs adjusted at arse level and that’s all we need. Not asking a lot really
If this one breaks I’m screwed cos I won’t find another
96905460-972C-4D02-90D4-BBE8B4CD2CDA.jpeg

I
I am looking to purchase a new chair and wonder if your good selves out there can comment? on the the trakker levalite's otherewise I would look at Nash?.
I bought the middy 30 plus robo chair 10yrs ago now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think kodex now make them. It weighs about 4ish kilos, and I can't tell I've got it over my shoulder. And I have to say it's bloody bomb proof other than needing to re-bungee it oh and a new hand wheel tightener which was lost. It has been an absolute pleasure to sit on, it reclines, it has all the star grip attachments which I don't use. It also has a table which slots in to the velcro pocket at the back. Great bit of kit!

I have the Nash indulgence ultralight, bought as a replacement for my Jrc Xlite. I do prefer the Xlite as its just that bit comfier. The legs on the Nash, can also annoyingly pop out too, can be a pain. Both need longer fron legs.

View attachment 16082View attachment 16083View attachment 16084View attachment 16085
Chair 'in action' today....
1.jpg

Back