• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chairs.

Mint😎

sure you got enough rods with ya there Terry
Ah, there's a bit of a story behind this ...these days I mostly only fish the one rod except when I'm rolling meat, when I tend to mix it up with a bit of waggler fishing. But a fair few times whilst wading I've had large perch around me, chasing silvers (even having a 2lb plus perch 'hiding in ambush' behind my legs!)...so I started taking a lure rod with me. But 2 or 3 weeks ago my back 'went' (had surgery years ago after a back injury when I was 24), resulting in me being unable to stand for more than an hour or so. So I came up with the idea of 'back-spikes' on my chair, so I could rest my back during meat-rolling sessions. Then I thought ...whilst I'm sitting down I might as well put a ledger rod out.
So today I took 4, and used 3, rods (no perch strikes).

PS.... and I still f'in blanked!

I

I bought the middy 30 plus robo chair 10yrs ago now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think kodex now make them. It weighs about 4ish kilos, and I can't tell I've got it over my shoulder. And I have to say it's bloody bomb proof other than needing to re-bungee it oh and a new hand wheel tightener which was lost. It has been an absolute pleasure to sit on, it reclines, it has all the star grip attachments which I don't use. It also has a table which slots in to the velcro pocket at the back. Great bit of kit!
Same here had mine about 10 years too. Brilliant chair long front leg adjustment and just don't use the rear legs on really steep banks. It's a little on the heavy side but built like a tank.

Same here had mine about 10 years too. Brilliant chair long front leg adjustment and just don't use the rear legs on really steep banks. It's a little on the heavy side but built like a tank.
I don't find mine heavy at all tbh, I took all the stargrip attachments off and I don't use the table. I've modified mine a little not too Rich Isaacs standards though... he would have used his laser guided cross cut saw along with his laser guided welding machine and done an exceptional job😁. I just took the leg bolts out and put a heavy duty picture frame holder on each side and added a shoulder strap. Spot on to be fair.

Attachments

• 20210826_061431.jpg
    20210826_061431.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I need a new light chair but also need some height to the seat because of my dodgy knees these days. I've got a chub Hi-Lite at the moment which I've has for a lot of years but it has seen its best days now. Can anyone recommend a High light chair. I've had a look at the Korum one but with my bulk it looks a bit flimsy.
Hoping for help

After years of putting up with the pew like discomfort of my Korum Roving chair I came up with an ingenious solution: I use my unhooking mat as a cushion / backrest. Well, it rarely gets used for its primary purpose these days.

Terry That’s loads more useful than these super light garden chairs they now flog.
I was so lucky to find an original Korum roving chair which needed no modification to be brilliant. Wish they’d bring something similar back in.
3kg and independent legs adjusted at arse level and that’s all we need. Not asking a lot really
If this one breaks I’m screwed cos I won’t find another

I found some legs on Ebay, Rich, that extend even further - with the telescopic insert by the feet.

I need a new light chair but also need some height to the seat because of my dodgy knees these days. I've got a chub Hi-Lite at the moment which I've has for a lot of years but it has seen its best days now. Can anyone recommend a High light chair. I've had a look at the Korum one but with my bulk it looks a bit flimsy.
Hoping for help
Stephen, I had the same problem. I have a JRC which is light and comfortable but as I got older I found it had insufficient adjustment. Because the legs are round tubing it was easy to buy a short length and fit the mud feet to the new tube. You are limited by the folding mechanism, but I now have about 2" more seat height and better adjustment on sloping banks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_180842.jpg
    IMG_20210329_180842.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20210330_122829.jpg
    IMG_20210330_122829.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 164
I found some legs on Ebay, Rich, that extend even further - with the telescopic insert by the feet.
I had telescopic ones on mine originally but the brass nut pulled through the plastic when I was a bit heavy handed tightening them up. So I bought a length of 3/4 square bar and replaced the lot with long fixed legs. Increased the wall thickness too. They should last forever now.

I use a fox duralite chair . It’s solid with huge mud feet and the rear of the frame can be used on sloping banks .
However the most important feature to me is it is ridiculously light . So easy to carry and I walk miles from swim to swim 🎣🌞🌞

I use a fox duralite chair . It’s solid with huge mud feet and the rear of the frame can be used on sloping banks .
However the most important feature to me is it is ridiculously light . So easy to carry and I walk miles from swim to swim 🎣🌞🌞
My pal has one - they are super light as you say and very comfortable. It was a toss up between this and the Nash ultralight for me and came down to supply & demand as I just couldn’t get a Fox one - might have improved now
Both good chairs

I have a chub hi-light which I've used for a long time now, it is way past it's sell by date and I fancied a change so I bought the Nash Indulgence UL.

Yes it is a very comfy chair but in use the legs just don't extend enough for my liking. I used it about three times before reverting back to the Chub which I have added a small cushion to and have a small inflatable pillow for a bit of lumbar support when required.

Will no doubt take the plunge on another chair when one catches my eye.

When I retired in 2007 the guys at work bought me a shedload of fishing goodies, amongst them wasPrologic Daddy long legs chair, probably not made now , anyway, it had arms, it was well padded, the back reclined , and it was really bloody uncomfortable despite looking the biz. It hung on the wall of my workshop until March this year.
My chub rover chair is way past its sell by date, and I did not want to start the long search for another seat, so after a bit of a think I removed the arms from the Prologic, and it transformed it entireley , it does not seem to weigh any more than the Chub , it is or seems larger, which is good for a butt like mine, I bolted on a couple of carry strap loops and it is just about perfect, it fits on my Ruckbag,for when I am on a longer session.

Job done.

David

When I retired in 2007 the guys at work bought me a shedload of fishing goodies, amongst them wasPrologic Daddy long legs chair, probably not made now , anyway, it had arms, it was well padded, the back reclined , and it was really bloody uncomfortable despite looking the biz. It hung on the wall of my workshop until March this year.
My chub rover chair is way past its sell by date, and I did not want to start the long search for another seat, so after a bit of a think I removed the arms from the Prologic, and it transformed it entireley , it does not seem to weigh any more than the Chub , it is or seems larger, which is good for a butt like mine, I bolted on a couple of carry strap loops and it is just about perfect, it fits on my Ruckbag,for when I am on a longer session.

Job done.

David
Any before and after pics David?

Any before and after pics David?

possibly the " before " pic ?

The new chair above is slightly different design to mine, but essentially it does exactly what mine does. In the below pics you can see that mine can be adjusted to be the same height or above that of a standard dining chair. One fault if you like , that I have remedied was that the rear legs were just a bit vertical and tended to fold if I leaned back too far when sitting down, I remedied that by drilling some holes through the back of the frame where the leg hinges, and fitting some removeable steel pins to keep the back legs in place . Apart from the removal of the arms, and making a carry strap that is all I did .

1EC1AB41-11C1-4929-A048-86A8B394CA0C.jpeg

AC9F0F45-D18E-48EF-9DC2-D85F8A478F84.jpeg

David .

For those banks where you cannot get a chair I just got one of these from Go Outdoors.
Eurohike Austin anywhere chair. They told flat, are waterproof and weigh 0.65kg. Better still they are half price at present £11.

I have had soo many chairs over the past 50 odd years

and to me a chair to remain comfortable it simply has to have elastic suspension you know the sort the bungy cord goes all around the frame otherwise even the best padded ones after a few months use goes flat and its like sitting on a block of wood also I like the ones that the legs lock with a pin
but of course I am talking more about session chairs rather than a few hours stalking / roving in that case I use to use a bait bucket padded seat 👍

The new chair above is slightly different design to mine, but essentially it does exactly what mine does. In the below pics you can see that mine can be adjusted to be the same height or above that of a standard dining chair. One fault if you like , that I have remedied was that the rear legs were just a bit vertical and tended to fold if I leaned back too far when sitting down, I remedied that by drilling some holes through the back of the frame where the leg hinges, and fitting some removeable steel pins to keep the back legs in place . Apart from the removal of the arms, and making a carry strap that is all I did .

View attachment 16167
View attachment 16168

David .
Nicely done. You’ve definitely made it loads better with those mods Dave.

Back