• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Centre pin advice

Peter Brownbill

I fish for perch close in on the float,I use a marco cortesi centrepin, looking for something better,with maybe a line guard,looking for some pin recommendations
Don't want a wide drum pin,any help cheers .

J w young Trudex or Rapidex both 4in narrow drum, Trudex has lineguard & Rapidex has a caged drum can pick them up on eBay or other sites or maybe someone on here has one going? I would expect to pay £30 for a well used one or £50 upwards for good condition.

I had one of the Madfish pins, used it once and sold it as I didn't like the awkward position of the ratchet button, purchased a mint Berwick instead from E bay that has the button located in a much better place.

J w young Trudex or Rapidex both 4in narrow drum, Trudex has lineguard & Rapidex has a caged drum can pick them up on eBay or other sites or maybe someone on here has one going? I would expect to pay £30 for a well used one or £50 upwards for good condition.

Cheers will take a look

Have a look at a TFG free flow CP. Nice and light.Very well made. Been told they are fitted with ABEC 7 bearings. Might explain why mine is very free running. A line guard can be bought extra

Sadly no longer available. I agree though that they're fantastic. I'd suggest the Classic model for the OP. Even lighter than the freeflow, quite free running enough and an absolute bargain at about £50 brand new.
A quality bit of kit, I'm told they're built in the same factory as the Okumas.
Sheffield 280 grams, Classic 202 grams.
https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/tf-...J3EjlGiZwivyweHaAxXVxrnP_yU0iQWYaAg6XEALw_wcB

Cheers I'll take a look,I missed out on a JW Young Last night,forgot to bid.Ive not really had any problems using without a line guard,ideal there's an option with the classic :D

I have a Greys Bewick in mint nick that has sat in its box in the sideboard since I treated myself to a Young's pin.
Make me a reasonable offer and it is yours(+p&p of course).;)

I have a Greys Bewick in mint nick that has sat in its box in the sideboard since I treated myself to a Young's pin.
Make me a reasonable offer and it is yours(+p&p of course).;)
How much are you thinking Kieth,I havnt got an idea on an offer,cheers

Back