• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cell for Barbel?

Worm Flavor [Trademark etc] Micro Boilies, for Discerning Barbel, and for Less-Discerning Worms...?

Really, it's enough to make a man break off someone's car aerial, then use it as a micro-diameter meat punch for a quick, dry-fried bait, as some did in the hot, dry summer of 1976...

Last edited:
cell

Any decent boilie will definatly work, whilst on a prolific streach of the wye last summer a mate and myself was catching constantly so we swapped boilies a few times results- just the same if there there they will eat it , use a bait you like and stick with it barbel will eat anything

There,s so many baits available now, some good, some really good and a lot of garbage, my alltime favorite summer bait is NRG(mainline), anytime baits, choice of 4, grange, active8, maple8 (all mainline) and Hinders Blitz, others have caught fairly well, but not a patch on those above. Each to his/her own, but a tin of bacon grill is a very good stanby, and at times will out fish anything!
peter
just got some mainline activ8 maple ADE ,syrup, wow, it smells fantastic, coffee, scopex, toffee, summer barbel may love this.

Got quite a few Rod Hutch's "Secret " Boilies in the shed. Like hard round lumps of liquorice. Anyone ever tried them for carp or Barbel.

Graham

just got some mainline activ8 maple ADE ,syrup, wow, it smells fantastic, coffee, scopex, toffee, summer barbel may love this.

You wont need another boillie, been using it for a good few years now (others have come and gone) and it catches Barbel in both summer and winter!

I remember that the first barbel that i caught on a boilie!!! It was the original grange, csl, sweet ade combo......Also had a few on Active 8.

Back