• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catchig The Impossible

Cheers mate,link appreciated. I cant believe it! I have waited ages for this series to start and i have already missed 3 weeks of it. Does anyone know if i can get it on catch up tv from virgin?

It's not on virgin catch up no. My PC is a bit **** but just watched the first episode online and it's okish quality.

first episode he catches a clonker barbel. brilliant to watch and brought back that feeling of absolute terror and pumping adrenaline trying to land a big un. fantastic to see him playing it in the clear water (and get a look at adams mill too)

It's very similar to A Passion for Angling, same cameraman and narrator I suppose. I think they overdo the music bit but it's not a bad programme at all and Martin Bowler is obviously a very accomplished angler

Had a terrible nights sleep after watching it. I basically have an overwhelming urge to catch a huge barbel.

Thought I'd got rid of that!

I missed the 1st one but seen the others (Sky+ it now) Its ok but I dont like Bernard Cribbins, come to think about it Im not a Martin Bowler fan either :eek:

I like the under water footage though, I could watch that for hours on end.........

Originally I wasn't as big a fan of Martin and Bernard, mainly I think because I was measuring it against A Passion for angling, but iv'e watched the first 6 episodes alot over the last couple months and now really like it, some of the fish and the footage are excellent. I find myself watching certain parts of episodes over and over (sad i know :D) I think in some cases its is a grower. it definetly makes you want to go out and try catching some monster fish.

Regardless of the perceived quality (or lack of, though I do like it), i'm still really happy to see angling on one of the terrestrial channels. A bold move forward IMO.....

I find myself watching certain parts of episodes over and over (sad i know :D) I think in some cases its is a grower. it definetly makes you want to go out and try catching some monster fish.

agreed! I wanted to focus on my carp syndicate I have paid a small fortune to fish this season, but the footage of that big barbel blew me away though and I just need to catch another whopper to satiate the urge :rolleyes:

will be buying the dvd to watch it in better quality than I can watch it on the pc

Watched Sunday morning's episode of this wonderful series and just wanted to say ..........WHAT A ROACH :eek:

3lb 5oz of pristine red-fin - well done Terry Lampard.

Great to see a proper angling programme back on TV even if it is at such an early hour on a Sunday.

Had the first two DVDs for Christmas and enjoyed them very much. Have to say though that even with the amazing underwater footage and the exceptional fish that were caught, I still believe that Passion for Angling was a better series. More atmospheric, better music and a better onscreen chemistry between the fishermen. I also think that CTI jumps about a bit too much. Passion seemd to flow seamlessly so you could actually believe that time was progressing with each episode. I must admit that with so much great footage it must have been hard to knit it together.

Anyway well done Channel 4 for taking a punt on it, hopefully this is the start of the return of good angling TV to terrestrial.

The best part of the programme is the wonderful photography by Hugh Miles,Bowler is okay but Cribbins tends to grate-totally agree that the series is a grower watched several episodes over again

That Roach was fanatastic, I must admit that is my favourite form of fishing, trotting for roach, bigger the better.

Bernard Cribbins is a legend, I've met him a couple of times and felt honoured having grown up seeing him on the tv since the 60's, his great comedy songs as well as appearing in Hammer and Carry On films. :) He's a great countryman and an angler to boot - legend.

But, I still think that Passion takes No 1 spot in the all time angling progs. For what its worth, my choice for second place is........ wait for it......... this will get a few of you going....... The Fishing Race with Matt Hayes and Mick Brown.

Yep, thought you'd be surprised but I rate it right up there. Its a great challenge and a story that has plenty of drama and some special fish as well as loads of angling information. Some of the photography is top notch as well.

Back