• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catchig The Impossible

Hugh Miles is simply a genius and the programme is simply amazing..couldnt give a hoot who was in it..Andy Pandy and Teddy Bear even..the footage of our passion ...angling takes some beating..
Passion for angling was also a great series !!
The fishing race with Matt and Mick was just excellent great anglers both of them if l had the cash a days piking with Mick would be simply bliss !!

But, I still think that Passion takes No 1 spot in the all time angling progs. For what its worth, my choice for second place is........ wait for it......... this will get a few of you going....... The Fishing Race with Matt Hayes and Mick Brown.

Yep, thought you'd be surprised but I rate it right up there. Its a great challenge and a story that has plenty of drama and some special fish as well as loads of angling information. Some of the photography is top notch as well.[/QUOTE]

Dave your wrong mate surely the best ever made had to be The Race for the Golden Maggott:p

Seriuosly I have watched all 9 hours of Catching the Impossible and a lot on TV is edited out. It's a great series. Passion itself was probably the fore runner and if anyone has read the Passion for Angling book that to is a very good read.

Paul

Last edited:
Seriuosly I have watched all 9 hours of Catching the Impossible and a lot on TV is ed

Is it worth buying the set for the extra clips?

My wife bought me these well before it was televised. So I haven't really watched much of the series. The clips I have seen, Agianst the Flow on the Hants Avon ends with them fishing for mullet in Christchuch Harbour. I don't think this bit appeared on tv.

Paul

Back