• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Camera with remote

The NRG remote kit comes with a small lightweight tripod with a adjustable holder to clamp your phone, plus a remote which runs off Bluetooth.. used it for a while now and you simply cant fault it. Its so light weight you don't even know its there in your bag.

On eBay you can buy the Bluetooth device for a smartphone on its own for just a couple of quid.... Search 'smartphone camera bluetooth'....

I’ve got a Canon Powershot Bridge camera - that does not have a self take viewfinder...does anyone know what app (IOS equivalent) is being talked about at 5 mins in on this? Looks a faff, but interested in giving it a go...

Personally I use a Canon Power Shot SX100IS camera or more recently another, smaller, Canon camera (can't recall model). Originally on a bank stick but more recently on one of the smartphone tripods mentioned earlier - the actual smartphone holder is attached to the 'pod with a std camera screw and easily removed and replaced by any compact camera.

Canon cameras preferred by me as their self timer functions are better than any others I have seen. Can set first shot to fire with a delay of up to 60 secs (IIRC) - I use 30 seconds myself - and then fire a series of up to 9 (I set to 6) further shots at 5 second intervals - so allows me 60 seconds to fire shutter, get to mat, pick up fish and pose.. Plenty of time to get at least 1 decent shot out of the bunch of 7 unless the fish is extremely 'flappy'... ☺️

Hi men

Hatter

Hi men

Hatter

Warning re this one though...
The 3 legs are not adjustable in length and hence you cannot adjust to 'level' out slopes and narrow leg base plus height adjustment being fully done by the centre rod means it topples easily with the weight of phone/camera at top if not vertical. I know, I have one! Works well enough though on flat/horizontal ground.

I have since purchased another version where height adjustment is totally done by adjusting leg lengths and this resolves the sloping ground problem BUT can still be a bit unstable due to top heaviness with phpne/camera - resolution... a hanging drawstring bag to which I add ballast by means of pebbles, soil, and even ledger weights if nothing else available.

Warning re this one though...
The 3 legs are not adjustable in length and hence you cannot adjust to 'level' out slopes and narrow leg base plus height adjustment being fully done by the centre rod means it topples easily with the weight of phone/camera at top if not vertical. I know, I have one! Works well enough though on flat/horizontal ground.

I have since purchased another version where height adjustment is totally done by adjusting leg lengths and this resolves the sloping ground problem BUT can still be a bit unstable due to top heaviness with phpne/camera - resolution... a hanging drawstring bag to which I add ballast by means of pebbles, soil, and even ledger weights if nothing else available.

Even so I recommend siting the pod away from the waters edge to ensure no unwanted dunking occur!!! 😊

Bill I find it better than kneeling there speaking to my phone Where I'm sure people thought the same of me. Do you like it though??.
Certainly a novelty Stephen. I’ll try it as soon as I catch something worth taking a picture of :)

Back