• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Camera with remote

Look on eBay for an old Canon G5. IR remote and flippable screen. It’s not the latest technology but it’s a great old workhorse of a camera.

Or you can buy the NRG self take kit , that turns your phone into a self take camera . Brilliant bit of kit for less than £20..

I've spent a fair few hours looking into this, re. cameras and Smart phones. The best compromise I've come across (with bulk/weight being a big consideration for me e.g. why take a camera when you always carry two already on your mobile?) is via an moby App: Mobiles themselves already have good camera multi-shot/delay settings but (mostly) for main camera only, not for the 'selfie' camera. I downloaded several/many 'delay' Apps, but these again (mostly) work only with main camera.
The best I've found is called simply "Timer Camera", and with this you can take selfies with 1/. variable start delay 2/. variable number of shots 3/. variable time between shoots. Plus is has 'Face Detect" and "Noise Activation" (including saying "Cheese"!)
But,time will tell, with "Timer Camera" :p But first, I've got to catch a barbel :D
All the Best All for the coming season.

I've spent a fair few hours looking into this, re. cameras and Smart phones. The best compromise I've come across (with bulk/weight being a big consideration for me e.g. why take a camera when you always carry two already on your mobile?) is via an moby App: Mobiles themselves already have good camera multi-shot/delay settings but (mostly) for main camera only, not for the 'selfie' camera. I downloaded several/many 'delay' Apps, but these again (mostly) work only with main camera.
The best I've found is called simply "Timer Camera", and with this you can take selfies with 1/. variable start delay 2/. variable number of shots 3/. variable time between shoots. Plus is has 'Face Detect" and "Noise Activation" (including saying "Cheese"!)
But,time will tell, with "Timer Camera" :p But first, I've got to catch a barbel :D

The NRG remote kit comes with a small lightweight tripod with a adjustable holder to clamp your phone, plus a remote which runs off Bluetooth.. used it for a while now and you simply cant fault it. Its so light weight you don't even know its there in your bag.

Have a look at the FISH I mobile phone remote camera kit, search on e bay. Great bit of kit

Have you got a front flash on your phone? If not, any selfies taken at night or dusk are not great and it may be worth getting a 'rhino light' or equivalent to help illuminate your shot when you do catch a barbel🙂

Not an issue Mark as I only day fish now. And any after dusk it would just be weighed. Unless it's an exceptional fish I don't bother with a pic anyway. I mainly searched for cameras/Apps for pix of 10lb+ fish caught on the float, and I don't float fish after dusk :p

Not an issue Mark as I only day fish now. And any after dusk it would just be weighed. Unless it's an exceptional fish I don't bother with a pic anyway. I mainly searched for cameras/Apps for pix of 10lb+ fish caught on the float, and I don't float fish after dusk :p
but NOW ! you can float fish after dark big smile ! CHECK THIS OUT !!!!!:oops:

My S6 has voice control on the camera but I've also got an APP called whistle cam so all I have to do is whistle and the phone/camera takes the shot. It really is that simple.

Cannon G12, lightweight slr with flip around screen just smile at the camera and it takes your pics, can be fitted on a tripod and if you put in a WiFi card you can send them to your phone

I now use my smartphone with the ProCam app, and set it up so it takes a photo every 5 seconds. I tried the Bluetooth remotes but found them fiddly, and just another thing to set up and occasionally fail. I simply delete all the crap images. For night shots I have extra led lighting.

I have the same Ray 👍

I just downloaded an all from the Apple store called photo timer + takes upto 10pics, upto 10 seconds apart. Just tried it out in the living room and it works ok 👍

My S6 has voice control on the camera but I've also got an APP called whistle cam so all I have to do is whistle and the phone/camera takes the shot. It really is that simple.
I’ve just downloaded Whistle Cam app Stephen and my wife is firmly convinced i’ve gone Crackers...I’m sitting here whistling at my phone :)

I found that the whistle cam photo quality poor compared to using the normal camera on my iphone5

Any one else noticed that?

Back