• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

camera help

Do some trial runs at home and use a bit of cord to get the right distance to correctly frame the picture,keep this as a guide in your camera bag.In addition I always use a bank stick with an empty juice carton on top to check height etc this will also help you focus,next you need some light perhaps a couple of headtorches around a bait bucket and use the timer to fire of a series of continuous shots.One final tip most auto focus options don't work in low light levels so you will have to do it on manual.

Hope this is of use.

Some good tips Richard, thanks for that, I will give that a try. I do believe I have to upgrade to an entry level DSLR to go forward though.

Cheers, Dave.

I do believe I have to upgrade to an entry level DSLR to go forward though.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave,

to echo Anthony's words I have a Canon Ixus 100 nice and compact, gives plenty of control over the number of shots, duration between them, delay before the first etc. The best feature IMO is that the first shot can be triggered by face recognition so you can set everything up move into shot :D at the camera and bobs your uncle.

Cheers
Richard

Back