• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Camera Adaptor for Smartphone

Steve Walker

Do any of our learned members know of one ?

I have a samsung S4 smartphone and it's an impressive piece of kit,the camera on it takes excellent pictures.I would like to use it for bankside fish shots as the voice activation makes it easier to use than my existing digital camera with a timer(using a Gardner bankstick adaptor)

I need something like this............... Halfords | Halfords Car Phone Holder - Silver only instead of the suction windscreen mount a screw thread to fit to a standard bankstick,anyone know if I can get one anywhere ?

Search Banktech innovations they are on Facebook quality bit of kit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-11-10-52-46_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-10-52-46_1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 408
Thanks Clive,that looks like the ideal solution-do you know if it screws into a standard bankstick /

I use a Gardner camera attachment on sale in bfw shop makes it easier to adjust.

I got one 4 months a go off eBay. Cost about £4... such as this 17135450423 the thread fits a bank stick.

Attachments

• IMAG2046.jpg
    IMAG2046.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 311
I got one 4 months a go off eBay. Cost about £4... such as this 17135450423 the thread fits a bank stick.

that ebay item number does not work they look good but you still cant see what your taking a pic of. I use a gopro using an app on my phone I can see what camera is looking at and take a picture with the camera using my phone , its so easy

I say video yourself then screen shot easily done no need to see yourself if you can line it up.

Looks good....my smartphone has a better camera than my camera has:eek:

Just bought one for use real soon - with any luck!!??

Paul

Clive
Now do apologise I'm having a blonde moment but how do you get the iphone to remotely take the photo.
If I can figure that out that product looks superb saves me lugging camera tripod etc

Mark

I have a samsung S4 smartphone,which is a superb piece of kit btw,it is possible to go into settings and use voice activation to take a picture.So I just shout ''shoot''and it takes a picture automatically.

It also has a very good rear camera which folks use for selfies,I must admit to doing a few recently even at my age.:D.I have also ordered the adaptor that Clive linked to and am looking forward to trying it out.

It should be possible to use the rear camera for fish photos(which still takes excellent pictures even though it is less m/pixels than the main camera)and see a preview on the screen before shouting at the phone to take a pic.

Hopefully it will be better than my present system of using the timer on a compact digital camera which can be a bit hit and miss,I have been photographed several times bending over just about to pick the fish up and got a nice picture of my balding bonce.:(

Stunning

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first post under the (not so) new board.

I've been looking into ways to use a smartphone for "trophy" shots, and have almost settled on the following items...

Tripod adapter for holding phone and mounting on either tripod or bankstick....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008VI7ORA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2ALJ3IFK7YU4X

Bluetooth remote...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H77WH00/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DU6ZPSM1YUGM

And a waterproof case for the more discerning tackle tart...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DXYVC8Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AS4EA4LUEYCHS

Tripod adapter and remote not expensive, so not much to lose if they don't function as hoped.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of these or similar items, or thoughts?

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first post under the (not so) new board.

I've been looking into ways to use a smartphone for "trophy" shots, and have almost settled on the following items...

Tripod adapter for holding phone and mounting on either tripod or bankstick....
ChargerCity Exclusive Apple iPhone 6 5s 5c 5 4s Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 HTC ONE Google Nexus 4 5 ONEPLUS Motorola MOTO G X Droid LG G3 G2 G Pro Sony Xperia Z 360º Swivel Adjustment Selfie Video Recording Camera Tripod Adapter Mount & MegaGra

Bluetooth remote...
Ipega Bluetooth Remote Control Camera Photo Shutter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

And a waterproof case for the more discerning tackle tart...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DXYVC8Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AS4EA4LUEYCHS

Tripod adapter and remote not expensive, so not much to lose if they don't function as hoped.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of these or similar items, or thoughts?

Welcome Peter,
I have had no experience of the items you have linked,it seems like it should work ok,my only question would be about the working of the remote control.

You would have to hold the remote fob in one hand and operate it whilst holding a decent sized fish,not easy to do as you need all your digits to hold the fish.With practice and some dexterity I think it could be done by holding the fob between the thumb and forefinger and using the remaining 3 fingers to support the fish.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the remote, I've been looking at camera timer apps. One I've tried (on iPhone) is simply called Camera Timer, and allows you to set a time before the first shot is taken, and can be set to take a sequence of shots at a range of intervals. Only just downloaded it yesterday, but it looks good, apart from an annoying ad that pops up at frequent intervals - but given that I rarely catch anything worth photographing :eek: that probably won't be much of an issue.

Using that app, I could check everything is in frame, set the timer going with the remote, and have a few seconds to pick up and pose the fish unhindered by the remote.

Back