• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Burton on Trent Fishing and Accommodation

Keith Humphreys

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi Fellers, looking for help/information.
My wife and I are going to be attending a funeral at Burton on Trent in the next couple of weeks and my lovely wife suggested that it could be an opportunity for me to have a go for Barbel on the Trent (something I have been gagging to do for years):p

First of all we are struggling to find self catering accommodation in the area, any suggestions (other than a Bivvy:eek:)?

Secondly any info/tips on local (ish) stretches of the Trent accessible on a day ticket with a few Barbel would be very helpful;)

Thanks in advance

Keith

Have you had a look on booking.com just put in your dates and area. Should be a few to choose from. Can’t help with the fishing though as never fished around there

There's a free stretch near Burton at Newton Solney might be worth a look if your near Burton and time is limited

Back