• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Burton on Trent Fishing and Accommodation

Keith Humphreys

Hi Fellers, looking for help/information.
My wife and I are going to be attending a funeral at Burton on Trent in the next couple of weeks and my lovely wife suggested that it could be an opportunity for me to have a go for Barbel on the Trent (something I have been gagging to do for years):p

First of all we are struggling to find self catering accommodation in the area, any suggestions (other than a Bivvy:eek:)?

Secondly any info/tips on local (ish) stretches of the Trent accessible on a day ticket with a few Barbel would be very helpful;)

Thanks in advance

Keith

Jon Young

Have you had a look on booking.com just put in your dates and area. Should be a few to choose from. Can’t help with the fishing though as never fished around there

Ian Murfin

There's a free stretch near Burton at Newton Solney might be worth a look if your near Burton and time is limited