• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Burton Mutual.

Yes, I find it a little awkward from Manchester. Still, it's a lovely stretch.
Only fished Cuttlebrook half a dozen times in the ten years I've had a BMAA card, so it won't make any difference to my thoughts on staying or leaving the club.
Might see you on the Dove next season, Simon.
Did you use your Fight Club ticket much last season Rich?

LOL. ;)

Do you come down the M6 - A50 - Willington - Repton - Milton, Richard ??

Whenever I've been to Milton, I've always come from the Foremark - Ticknall way. Very narrow roads that need maximum concentration late at night.

Cuttlebrook for me is M1 - A50 J3 and I'm there. I just carry on along the A50 for the Dove. Easy driving.
Yes - that's the route I take. Difficult fishing this year, with the constant rain and sodden ground. A couple of times I've been through the gate, only for the camper wheels to start spinning - then a quick reverse out again, and back to the Dove.

I never enjoyed that track at Milton, as you come through the 3rd gate into the scrubby stretch...very close to the river and after a heavy downpour one night I felt the car slide a little...and that was in a 4x4.
Yeah - tricky in the camper sometimes too, Joe, but I wouldn't try it with the conditions we've had so far in 2024.

Back