• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Brought over from the social board

Great going guys and some rather witty banter...

To be honest, I normally struggle to justify £30 for a fishing book as I'd rather be on the bank creating my own stories. BUT this is a great cause and being the southern softie I am, I bid £80.

I just wonder if you Northern nutters are game enough to put your mushy peas and battered mars bars aside and put your money where your mouth is? ;)

Just over a week in and I think I have an idea where he is heading with his Mo....
Freddie.jpg

bugger
sold my house, ferret , whippet and flat cap to get the book, BUT I ONLY GOT £79 and someone has bid £80 gurrrrrrrrrr, nothing else to do but sell the the prize winning pigeon, cannot let the jellied eel munching sotherners win:p:p:p:p:p:eek::D:D

Only a couple of days left.

Auction over guys.
Looks like a good old northern win.
Well done Derek and thanks to all who had a go.

Derek, if you can email your address to ebarbel2@aol.com, i will get the book off to you.

Rayo

The money can be donated to my sons own appeal here using the donate to me tab Paypal accepted.
And a big thank you to Ray and all the guys who bid your all stars.:)

A big thank you to every one who contributed to this great cause many thanks go out to Rayo for donating the book and Derek for his very generous high bid.
Regards Clive & Jamie
P.s. will post up a picture of his fully grown mo near the end of November.

Last edited:
Your very welcome Clive, and respect to your son for helping such a worthy cause. Also a big thank you to Ray for donating the book. :)

p.s. payment sent.

Back