• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Brought over from the social board

Ray Ellis

Charity request, carried over from social board

Originally Posted by Clive Shipman View Post
My son Jamie is growing his mustache through the month of November for the Movember campaign. The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. Please if anyone is willing could they donate to him for a great cause. You can donate through paypal and other ways through his Movember home page.

Movember United Kingdom - Home
Clive, I am more re than happy to sell my mint copy of Reflections (Highlights from an angling life) signed by the author Chris Turnbull, this book has not been read and as i say is in absolute mint condition. The highest bidder to pay direct to the charity. I will pay the postage myself to the winning bidder.

Rayo

Last edited:
Ray, i have absolutely no idea what the book is worth, but to get the ball rolling, i,ll bid £25.

Cheers guys. Just for info, I won this book at the recent BFW fish-in on the Severn. I have never read it at all, just had a quick page flick to see the obvious quality of it.
Whoever wins this book will not be disappointed.

Will let you all know when the bidding ends once Clive confirms a date.

Rayo

Hi men,

Bloody hell Ray , it will cost me an extra £10 then, as I drove down and put £10 in the raffle and won nothing :D.

Hatter

book

hi all

i have sponsored 2 mate's already but as it is for a good cause i will bid £40, and that's from a yorkshire man. !!!!!

ken:D:D:D:D

whippet

hi
sorry i need my whippet, time's are hard and it catches me some rabbits, i do have a flat cap for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE HE . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great bidding guys, almost the second war of the roses breaking out. Wonder what the outcome of that was :rolleyes:

The bidding will close 2 weeks from now. 12pm 17th November!

£52.50 :)

Strewth, i hope this book hasn,t got £1.99 inside the back cover. :D;):p:eek:;):rolleyes:

Last edited:
sorrry cannot let someone from the wirral have it so i bid £55, i think yorkshire won the battle of the rose's back then and always will. ( cos it is god's county )

ken
born and bred in halifax west yorkshire and will prob die there ( maybe sooner than i think with comments on hear() :p:p:p:p

Ken, did you sag school when ya was a kid.:D Liverpool IS NOT on the Wirral, and never has been. Thats where we just throw are outcasts. ;) Sorry Mike Webb if your looking in. :p

well andreas
to beat that i would have to sell my one up one down back to back house, my ferret my whippet and my flat cap.

you can see all three on ebay shortly as i do not want a southern softie to win.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOW! Andreas, you must have a proper job living in London. :D:D:D

Me, i just sell hubcaps. :D;):p;):D

Last edited:
Back