• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Brazen Otter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve just like every one else you are free to speak your mind . Dont be surprised when people speak their mind and dont agree with what you say .
Just because some one dont agree with what you say , You have to resort to name calling ?

Joe,

Am I really free to speak my mind? It seems to me there are distinct tribes on BFW and I’m not sure any of them accurately represents the anglers I know.

I happily apologise to My Smart for calling him names, maybe he will have the decency to admit it was he who started it on this occasion? Either way I actually enjoy reading other people’s opinions, and on many occasions I find their arguments persuasive and thus they give me cause to re-consider my own views.

I find it difficult to speak my mind and confine my opinions to the subject matter in hand, namely otters, as it inevitably widens out to encompass other areas. I suppose the best way I can express it is that I have my own code for living by. Most of the time my personal code and the law of the land are in harmony; but not always and where can such things be expressed without fear other than forums such as BFW?

My views on fishing and wildlife are no different to my views on life in general. In fishing I believe that if there is an obvious problem due to mans interference, then it is up to man to put it right and not just sit around arguing about it.

Artificially introduced species of both flora and fauna should be eliminated. I believe that our angling environment would be better without Himalayan Balsam and Japanese Knotweed and Parrots Feather aquatic weed. I believe that the removal of Signal Crayfish and Mitten Crabs along with Topmouth Gudgeon and Mink would be a good thing. If there is a European version of the Cormorant that prefers to feed in fresh water then it should be shot on sight. And so the list goes on. To some these views are awful; to me they are common sense. There are other things, such as chemicals, that do not belong in our rivers and in my world the polluters would not receive trivial fines but would reside for the rest of their lives in prison along with members of financial institutions that have made the ordinary working man’s life a misery in recent years.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Horses and dogs are two completely different species, that analogy is complete nonsense. Your post was reading quite well until you descended into blatant racism!

Steve, here is an opportunity to self moderate................. Your post did indeed read quite well until you descended into blatant racism !!!! I have many friends from 'ethnic minorities' (if that's what you wish to call them) and am offended by your post !!!
Please consider the wider audience who view these boards.............

Joe,

I would apply the same logic to the rest of society. Those that do not belong here should not be here. By this I mean EE’s, Paki’s Indians and anyone else who common sense dictates is not British. Some people think that someone of Asian origin who is born in this country is automatically British. I think that if a dog is born in a stable that does not make it a horse.
So, let’s see if I am indeed free to speak my mind?
Steve

Steve as you rightly say you are free to speak your mind and some of your remarks are offensive ?
So let me ask you some thing please ?
My father fought in WW2 and married a girl from Sicily so that makes me half Sicilian :) and I have lived in the UK all my life :)
So by your logic do I belong here in the UK ? or would you rather I moved to Sicily :(

Tell me some thing have you ever had the misfortune to be admitted to a NHS hospital ? and have been treated by a doctor or nurse ? of a ethinic origin ? and would you say to them ? They dont belong here in the UK ? and should not be here ?Where would the NHS be if as you put it , They dont belong here ?

Perhaps Steve with some of your offensive views and your remarks :mad: Its you that dont belong on BFW :( and like you I am free to speak my mind :)

Strayed and got to the point where some posts/posters can't behave.
I'll lock it for the time being - shame. Maybe open again or not pending a joint decision by the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back