• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

braid for mainline

At the end of the day it all comes down to personal choice, none of us are compelled to give our reasons for our choices but a nice bit of civil (ish) discussion does make a welcome change from the old, 'what _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _' (fill in the blanks with the tackle item of your own choice) threads.

For some reason my posts always seem to be a big hit lol. Anyway top and bottom is its an hobby and we should all enjoy it. I dont wanna fall out with people, obviously we are all different and also have different opinions, which is what makes a forum a forum.
I wish everyone the very best regardless of what they think of me as its an hobby that should be enjoyed!!

Ive been using Berkley Whiplash Camo 30lb for the last year - Highly recommended...!!!!

However my reels are currently loaded with Berkley Nanofil - 1 outing so far and very impressed - must use the grinner knot with this line to maintain breaking strain.

View attachment 2079

Be very wary of nanofil as imo its the worst line I have ever seen. I once spent 30 mins trying to find a knot that would hold 50% of its BS, I failed miserably.

Jon

Back