• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilies.

Does it really matter what the taste/smell of a boilie is? Surely It's what ever you a confident using, whether shop bought or home made

There’s certainly some great tried and test baits out there. I could easily pop into the tackle shop and make a purchase or two.
But I make my own baits👍 I makeup my own basemix, For me It adds another dimension to my fishing experience🎣 their almost all I use apart from the tried and tested tinned wonder😂

Attachments

• 2FBFB448-E3BE-45F2-B48F-C0F117BFC859.jpeg
    2FBFB448-E3BE-45F2-B48F-C0F117BFC859.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 91
  • C556D094-A9C4-4F16-BCB7-487487557DDE.jpeg
    C556D094-A9C4-4F16-BCB7-487487557DDE.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 90
I used to make my own boilies from scratch back in the day - 80/90’s. We used to buy our ingredients from the Booker brothers (Colne Valley baits). Later we used JB mixes/ingredients etc.

These days there are really good baits available from many bespoke suppliers, so I just buy frozen stuff. I bulk buy with a couple of mates - so we get top quality bait at advantageous prices. When it comes to actual fishing I use very little bait (low stock venues) and I simply chop free baits in half.

Last Winter I also used a JB supplied paste (for chub) and was quite happy knocking up 1 egg mixes the day before….it worked just as he said it would.

I prefer the natural bait (worm, maggots, snail, crayfish etc) over boilies/pellet. My experience is they out fish boilies most of the time

Absolutely 100% yes
To me it is
What’s with the shocked 😳 looking smiley response to my answer to your question @Mark Pevy ?

It’s apparent that a lot of people go to the same (very little) effort involved and I believe it is definitely worth it for them too.

Catching on something you made ….. no finer sense of accomplishment in fishing as far as I’m concerned

What’s with the shocked 😳 looking smiley response to my answer to your question @Mark Pevy ?

It’s apparent that a lot of people go to the same (very little) effort involved and I believe it is definitely worth it for them too.

Catching on something you made ….. no finer sense of accomplishment in fishing as far as I’m concerned
Dunno,think i may have done it by mistake🙈

Back