• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilies.

Chris Allcock

Afternoon gents,
Having never caught a barbel on a boilie. I've caught them on bacon grill, pellets, pepperami, cheese strings, luncheon meat.... but never a boilie!
What is your preferred flavour and brand?
Chris.

Last edited:
John baker base mixes and make my own.
IMG_0540.jpeg

there you go Chris, any good quality boilie will catch but will they outfish the baits you are already using ??
If its not broke... it doesn't need fixing???
I think you've answered my question Cliff!
Thanks mate.
I do want to catch a barbel on a boilie though. 😁

Hinders Barbel Bomb and C food boilies have served me well
Trying out John Baker baits and results have been great
Never had a tap on Source lol or any Dynamite bait and I really don’t understand why seemingly baits work for some and not for others , in fact I threw a nearly full tub of Source hookbaits in the bin just last week, Id lost confidence in them and knew I’d never use them.

I do like the hinders barbel bomb products. I use the oil/glug. F#@k me it stinks to high heaven!! The ground bait is some good schnizel also. I also used the river ramiz dumbells by hinders and I have caught on them which I did forget to mention.
Chris.

I do like the hinders barbel bomb products. I use the oil/glug. F#@k me it stinks to high heaven!! The ground bait is some good schnizel also. I also used the river ramiz dumbells by hinders and I have caught on them which I did forget to mention.
Chris.
If you’ve caught on a dumbell you’ve caught on a boilie in my book Chris. A dumbell is an out of shape boilie 🤣🤣

Back