• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

boilie reccomendation

David Pearce

hi guys would anyone be so kind as to PM me to reccomend a decent frozen boilie to use on the warks avon.
i have never really used boilies for barbel but fancied giving them a go.
many thanks dave

Not sure about the WA but The Source every time for me!! Great all round barbel fodder.

Any decent frozen fishmeal will do. I use Oily Chicken, DT's M-Tech (now sadly discontinued), Dynamite's Spicy Shrimp/Prawn etc etc. several from All-Seasons Bait Developments (Rogan Josh, Shrimp/Prawn), they all work for barbel (and chub).

Pick a flavour and get on the bank..............

Mainline's fusion and paste or DNA baits B1's and same paste worked for me on the WA last season.

The B1's are available as barrels which is something a tiny bit different too.

Dave,
If you're looking at shelf life then the Source is an excellent barbel bait.
It will catch fish anywhere.

Ian

Bankside Team Barbel. Great boilie. Have caught decent fish on WAvon, BAvon and Lower Severn on it.

Barbel will eat just about any boilie you care to throw at them. Meat, fish, fruit, spice, birdfood mix, milk protein ......... I've caught on them all - frozen and shelf life.

I bought a job lot of rock hard pineapple and another batch of very soft fishmeal shelf life last year and they gobble them all up like smarties. Don't get too precious about boilies, they will all work. But if you do want to go down the serious route and introduce some over a season and try to get them on it, for goodness sake don't use what everyone else is using.

I wouldn't be too worried about what boilie you use, concentrate on location and bait application and the results will follow, as Dave said if you do want to go down the boilie route get on something different from the rest, loads of company's rolling individual bait recipes now, these would be my first call though;)

http://www.premierbaits.net/index.asp

I agree with the sentiments about boilies for barbel, but if you want something that definitely works on the warks avon, all the following three frozen boilies from Hinders have caught me some good fish from nr Stratford down to Pershore:

Blitz
Barbel Bomb
Salamiz

They all come with matching groundbaits/paste/hard hookbaits etc.

http://www.hinders.co.uk

Paul

i love salamiz.
but you did do some field testing didn't you on the barbel bombs...lol

Dave,

Barbel bomb worked from the off 1st time out on w.avon. V good boilie and yes i field test hinders stuff, but i am not sponsored, so that makes it alright. ;)

Paul

David,

I havent tried the shelf lifes, as i prefer frozen and find it easy to take what i need from the frozen packets; i usually split 1kg into four bags of 250g, each bag being enough for an evening session. But then i only live 5 minutes from hinders so it's easy to get them home before they defrost. The frozen boilies go off in about 4 days.

Paul

David,

I havent tried the shelf lifes, as i prefer frozen and find it easy to take what i need from the frozen packets; i usually split 1kg into four bags of 250g, each bag being enough for an evening session. But then i only live 5 minutes from hinders so it's easy to get them home before they defrost. The frozen boilies go off in about 4 days.

Paul
i ordered some from hinders and they took 3 days to get to me, i ordered on a friday....:(
they seemed alright.

Back