• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bit of fun... What's everyone's preferred boilie of choice

DNA Bug and SLK. I like the concept of Bug as it’s made with sustainable soldier fly meal and not fish meals. Caught well on it too over the last couple of seasons since its release, and SLK longer than that.
Messed about with slk for a little bit and I've got to say I did like it. Never considered using the bug for barbel tho, the insect meal yes. The other stuff in there had me 2nd guessing wether it would be effective or not.

I’ve tried quite a few and 12mm sticky baits krill have consistently caught when pellet and naturals aren’t doing the business
If there was one boilie I could get it would be Teme Severn liver & lamprey . Still got 31 left for that special occasion , not that I’m counting🤣

Messed about with slk for a little bit and I've got to say I did like it. Never considered using the bug for barbel tho, the insect meal yes. The other stuff in there had me 2nd guessing wether it would be effective or not.

I tried Bug when it first came out - had a good double on a 14mm barrel within 30 minutes of getting there, and that was enough to convince me! I’ve used it together with SLK ever since.

Trent baits freshwater shrimp freezer bait and paste although Source straight out the bag with no tweaks on last minute sessions has been consistently effective though over the years.
I hope to make my own chops with paste with JB ingredients this Autumn .

Oxford Carp Baits GS Crab is decent, And Hampshire tackle, sell a bespoke ABS bait based on the Malarky called SS Crab, that's really good until November.

I don’t fish boilie a lot, the only boilies caught me a barbel is ambush from seven barbel product.

Trying John baker taste f2 this season, but only use it as paste and fishing for roach

Well looking at the replies here, just about any flavour will work, be it sweet or savoury. So it's whatever you're confident with that will work.
Just out of interest, why aren't there any worm flavoured boilies?

The original Activ8 was the best boilie I ever used, I bought 10k of the powder and made boilies, cake and paste with it. Great shame it's no longer available.

No one using the 3ft Twitch stuff?

Steve
Plenty of people using it pal, seems to work for them. I'm a big believer in barbel will eat most stuff although there is a lot of bad bait out there but there's also a lot of companies that make good stuff too and most major bait companies boilies are so similar these days it's pretty hard to find a bait they won't eat. I wouldn't buy nothing to cheap though. That's a major red flag for me haha. I think once we've found a bait we're confident in that's a massive help but just for us as anglers really. Look how many different firms have been mentioned on this post.

Plenty of people using it pal, seems to work for them. I'm a big believer in barbel will eat most stuff although there is a lot of bad bait out there but there's also a lot of companies that make good stuff too and most major bait companies boilies are so similar these days it's pretty hard to find a bait they won't eat. I wouldn't buy nothing to cheap though. That's a major red flag for me haha. I think once we've found a bait we're confident in that's a massive help but just for us as anglers really. Look how many different firms have been mentioned on this post.
And we just have a new player, Mark Tunley…he’s now doing custom-ish boilies on his website

Back