• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bit of advice please from you Southern lads...

I am told there is a very nice cottage that can sleep 6, shall i find out more???

Well Scuba Steve came and had a fish.

The forecast for the weather was very poor. And it was.

Snow showers turning to sleet to rain....and me without a brolly.....

I was well prepared with 2 layers of Thermal wear, and a thick waterproof (that means it soaks up the water!) jacket.

Steve arrived about 11.30 and being from the north started fishing in a T shirt.

The fish switched off about 20 minutes after he arrived.................

We both had quite a few roach, smaller than usual up to about 14oz. No perch to report, suprisingly. I had a smallish carp about 8lb on roach gear, lost another, and Steve got bullied by one in about 2 miliseconds!

Great to see him again. Shame the conditions were so dire, then again, we were brave to try!

Graham

I didn't brave it today GE!
As for the Avon/Itchen, anytime soon is good. Weekdays are ok, just need a bit of notice. Keith, that cottage sounds ideal.....keep us posted.

Hi men,

Tee shirt , mainly because he has " natural " thermal covering :D .

Glad you both caught , any day is a nice day to be out .

Hatter

Hi men ,

Tee shirt ???,My **** :D. Last weekend it was freezing and flooded , only way to get to a swim was wade through a flooded ditch , shoes and socks off we went for it . BUT then again , iv always said it , they breed us a bit tougher in LUTON ! .

1A880714-CCAD-4DC7-B2EA-3A6B847BBA52-123-00000005A80DBFD5.jpg

We made one trip with the gear , and then the dog !, then it was Sues turn !. Tee shirt ?:eek::eek::eek::D

Hatter

Gimi a shout next shopping trip mate, Ill get Grufalina launched and we will see if we can get yam some Thames pike.

Hi men ,

Tee shirt ???,My **** :D. Last weekend it was freezing and flooded , only way to get to a swim was wade through a flooded ditch , shoes and socks off we went for it . BUT then again , iv always said it , they breed us a bit tougher in LUTON ! .

1A880714-CCAD-4DC7-B2EA-3A6B847BBA52-123-00000005A80DBFD5.jpg

We made one trip with the gear , and then the dog !, then it was Sues turn !. Tee shirt ?:eek::eek::eek::D

Hatter

Mark,

Looks like the sewage works just downstream had backed up again there!!! :eek:;)

Just a quick one to thank Graham for taking the time to meet with me yesterday.

Despite the conditions, and the 4 hour journey down from the midlands, I really enjoyed the few hours fishing.

We managed to fish through wind, rain, sleet and snow and caught a succession of plump Roach.
Graham said it was fishing poor, and sadly the Perch didn't show, but the Carp did for Graham, and nearly for me.... lol

Cheers mate, and we must have a return trip out on Yamyam before the season ends.

Steve

Back