• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Big chub

Graham, earlier this year I had a 7lb 10oz chub from a river you know well.

Maestro Mike subsequently caught the same fish last week....at 8Lb.

No pics I'm afraid but yesterday was one of the best days Hants Avon Chub fishing I have had for a long time.
Fished from 12 to 5.30 with 2 rods, 1 feeder and one on paste wrapped Nash Monster Squid boilie.
Had 11 takes landing 7 of them (all 4 lost fish were on feeder), they were a really good stamp @ 4.15, 5.1, 5.3, 5.4, 5.14, 6.11 and 6.14
Awesome afternoon topped off with a sighting of a Red Kite overhead which is very unusual in Dorset

You could invert that for Oxfordshire Keith. Seven red kites topped off with a sighting of a chub... very unusual in Oxfordshire :D

Ha Ha

Yes I do remember fishing the Thames at Wallingford and watching lots of Kites 'covorting' opposite me.

On that day though I also got lucky because although I had gone there in the hope of a Barbel, after a while, remaining biteless I realized that I might struggle to catch a whiskers and since I had some wonderful overhanging bushes/trees opposite which ordinarily would be impossible to reach with any loose feed I decided to have a go on the waggler since I had a strong wind behind me which when fired in the air allowed the maggots to reach the target with ease.

Anyway I had two 6+ chub on that day also as well as a number of nice back up fish.

Maybe the Kites are bringing me luck;)

Either way I will be back up on the Avon on Sunday/Monday in the hope of getting that long awaited 7.

We live in hope:(

Ha Ha

Yes I do remember fishing the Thames at Wallingford and watching lots of Kites 'covorting' opposite me.

On that day though I also got lucky because although I had gone there in the hope of a Barbel, after a while, remaining biteless I realized that I might struggle to catch a whiskers and since I had some wonderful overhanging bushes/trees opposite which ordinarily would be impossible to reach with any loose feed I decided to have a go on the waggler since I had a strong wind behind me which when fired in the air allowed the maggots to reach the target with ease.

Anyway I had two 6+ chub on that day also as well as a number of nice back up fish.

Maybe the Kites are bringing me luck;)

Either way I will be back up on the Avon on Sunday/Monday in the hope of getting that long awaited 7.

We live in hope:(

Good luck Keith :)

Back