• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW server upgrade

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of having the BFW server upgraded. The new one will be faster and will have better systems in place in case of hardware failure.

As part of the migration, we may experience some small data loss on the forum. If you suddenly find a thread has disappeared, this will be the reason.

Apologies in advance...

Regards,

Andy F

All working ok for me...

Seems OK now Andy. Had several 'error' and 'page not found' messages before though. Oddly enough, the spell checker is underlining correctly spelt words left, right and centre as I type this....hope that goes away, 'cos I have probs spelling my own name :D

Cheers, Dave.

Seems OK now Andy. Had several 'error' and 'page not found' messages before though. Oddly enough, the spell checker is underlining correctly spelt words left, right and centre as I type this....hope that goes away, 'cos I have probs spelling my own name :D

Ah...when I click on 'Submit Reply' below, on this post....I am getting 'Page not found'. Seems I spoke too soon when I said things were all right now :p

Is that my wretched provider, ****ing AOL....or you?

Cheers, Dave.

Ah...when I click on 'Submit Reply' below, on this post....I am getting 'This web page is not available' 'error 330'. Seems I spoke too soon when I said things were all right now :p

Is that my wretched provider, ****ing AOL....or you?

Cheers, Dave.

Ah...when I click on 'Submit Reply' below, on this post....I am getting :-

https://barbel.co.uk/site/vbulletin/forum/barbel-talk/5671-bfw-server-upgrade-2.html#post91562 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

Seems I spoke too soon when I said things were OK now :p

Cheers, Dave.

Ah...when I click on 'Submit Reply' below, to send this post....I am getting :-

https://barbel.co.uk/site/vbulletin/forum/barbel-talk/5671-bfw-server-upgrade-2.html#post91562 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

It would appear I spoke too soon when I said things were OK now :p

Cheers, Dave.

Ah...when I click on 'Submit Reply' below, to send this post....I am getting :-

It would appear I spoke too soon when I said things were OK now :p

Time is 13.24, tried about 7/8 time with same result, will try again later.

Oh my....how bludging hilarious....it kept telling me page not found etc., yet all the time it was sending my posts. I ruddy hate technology, lol.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Had a slightly tense half an hour there.

Someone 'fixed' something on another one of my domains which took down the forum!

I'm afraid we can expect to see a few more of these teething problems over the next few days...

Thanks,

Andy

Had a slightly tense half an hour there.

Someone 'fixed' something on another one of my domains which took down the forum!

I'm afraid we can expect to see a few more of these teething problems over the next few days...

Thanks,

Andy

AOL are not involved at your end anywhere are they Andy :p

Cheers, Dave.

Thankfully not Dave, wouldn't touch them with a long thing...

Sadly for me, I don't have a long thing to touch them with :eek: Actually, I would dearly love to 'touch' them with a 'nuclear thing' :D

Problem is, I am too idle to contemplate changing my email addy, and all the rigmarole that involves, so I guess I have no one but myself to blame :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Dave, you can keep and use your aol mail regardless of who your internet server is. I am currently with talk talk, have had several providers over the last few years, and always used my original aol mail.

Back