• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best Pole Under £200 ?

thanks guys, i've emailed my local asking if they stock the shimano and what else they have in the price range

the shimano looked and felt the part so i've had one put aside for me at my local. thanks everyone :) i promise i won't post a thread in a week or so saying "which elastic?" ;)

Hydro is a bit softer giving you a range of fish sizes you can catch without changing top kits, it helps stop bumping small fish and stops you being under-gunned if you hit a lump.

You will find many types of hollow core elastics on the market, some are cheap and others like hydro are around 12-14 quid per section. I use Maver hollow core and Daiwa Hydro with Preston pulla bungs.

Regards

Jason

so if you were after roach and tench it would be a good elastic to use ?

I would either go for a loose number 8 solid latex elastic, white or grey hydro or the Maver dual core extreme hollow elastic in grey.
I would still use a pulla bung so that if you did hit a lump you can put the brakes on the fish using the elastic.

Regards

Jason

Back