• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

best fishing shirt ? I think so

Why spend so much on a shirt to repel the mozzies ? Just get yourself a bottle or 2 of this, if its good enough for the commandoes........i keep 1 in my fishing kit, and 1 in my golf bag, works a treat. 👍

that lot in that training base use Avon skin so soft for the Scottish midges !!!
where it is one of the only replant that works on them ! and its probably because of the Citronella thats in it

I have fished in Thailand and couple of months in the Philippines Morocco and in fact fished most of Europe I have been on holidays in USA Everglades Greece islands Fished the Ebro in Spain etc etc

not boasting just trying to get over I know all about biting insects I have tried probably every repellent going from the horrific Deet that melted a watch strap

the very BEST spray on is the very safe Award Winning incognito mozzie repellent only thing is you have to reapply it after 5 hours but its so incredibly effective you can spray it on your clothes I have used it in most of the countries listed above its so safe you can spray it on babies !! cheapest place to buy

Mozzie coils work but are Toxic and highly dangerous fumes

apart from the Geranium oil based ones mainly sold in France

Expensive to run but gives a 3 metre protection zone around you the amazing Thermacell Mosquito & Midge Protector

that lot in that training base use Avon skin so soft for the Scottish midges !!!
where it is one of the only replant that works on them ! and its probably because of the Citronella thats in it

I have fished in Thailand and couple of months in the Philippines Morocco and in fact fished most of Europe I have been on holidays in USA Everglades Greece islands Fished the Ebro in Spain etc etc

not boasting just trying to get over I know all about biting insects I have tried probably every repellent going from the horrific Deet that melted a watch strap

the very BEST spray on is the very safe Award Winning incognito mozzie repellent only thing is you have to reapply it after 5 hours but its so incredibly effective you can spray it on your clothes I have used it in most of the countries listed above its so safe you can spray it on babies !! cheapest place to buy

Mozzie coils work but are Toxic and highly dangerous fumes

apart from the Geranium oil based ones mainly sold in France

Expensive to run but gives a 3 metre protection zone around you the amazing Thermacell Mosquito & Midge Protector

Cheers Gerry, sorry i missed the point of your original post, i know your really good at this sort of thing, and really do your homework. I,ll get some and give it a try. many thanks.

Cheers Gerry, sorry i missed the point of your original post, i know your really good at this sort of thing, and really do your homework. I,ll get some and give it a try. many thanks.
One thing I would advise it may say up to 7 hours protection but I found to be 100% protected re apply after 5 hours it goes a long way so not expensive
I like others used Skin So soft for years in the early days and it did work to a point but Incognito is in another class all together

My shirt arrived yesterday. Cheers for the link, Gerry. Bargain!

It’s really well made with a couple of bonus features.

I’m a 42 in a jacket and the large is perfect. Enough room to fit a thermal layer under and wear as an undershirt in winter too, but it doesn’t look/feel oversized on its own.

Back