• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best fishing book

For all those Left Behind - John Andrews (angling themed rather than angling book)
River Diaries - Chris Yates
The River Prince - Chris Yates
50 Years on the Ouse - Tony Miles
Elite Barbel - Tony Miles

Definitely reading Blood Knots next, thanks for the recommendation šŸ™‚
Just received my copy of River Diaries, but I am only at Issue 7 of Barbel Fisher so have 42 more to go before my reading time is freed up to enable me to read it.

I love this thread. It's inspired me to read Confessions of a Carp Fisher by BB again. Great book. I had it on almost permanent loan from the library when I was in my teens. I'm 55 now.

Interesting to note, that two anglers that could be considered 'all-rounders', feature a lot in angler's top 5. Namely, Chris Yates and Tony Miles.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to those of you who had ā€œBlood Knotsā€ on their lists. Iā€™ve just read it in two goes. It would have been one but it got to 3am and I had to force myself to put it down and get some sleep!

Back