• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best boilies.

What base mix G?
A milk protein base with 20pc active 8 to give a softish cooked boilie and spare uncooked as paste wrap.

The cheese and chili was ebay purchase

I use pellet on one rod boilie on the other when I start fishing

if the fish are there and in a feeding mood seems they will often just eat anything you try or sometimes be very fussy and just prefer one thing just a simple change of hook bait can produce an instant bite I always have a few different baits tins of meat etc and ring the changes if nothing is happening
most bait companies these days make really good baits Vortex Baits and CC.Moore make exceptional baits as do Mainline

best Barbel bait boilie I have ever used is the discontinued Nash Liver & Garlic dont think I ever blanked using that when nothing produced a bite bung on one of those and you went home with a smile on your face :cool:

I do well on John baker base mixes and flavours I never buy them I make them fresh just before my session.
I don’t believe in wonder baits and I do believe most rubbish will catch barbel. I just don’t like throwing tons of crap in the river and if you use something high quality then you don’t need to.
there’s also something quite nice about catching on a bait you’ve made yourself.

In terms of boilies that catch then anything from the old richworth tutti fruiti to stickybaits krill will all work on their day.

complex-T, crave & the source are probably the most widely used for barbel from what I’ve seen on the bank. In terms of one I won’t go without, that depends on the time of year. In the cooler months I’ve done well on my own milk and birdseed mix, in the warmer autumnal months I’ve had a decent return on my krill and cray meal mix.

My own boilies have caught me way more Barbel than off the shelf boilies like Sticky Krill or Source.

:D

Back