• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best boilies.

I took a break from making my own last season and fished CC Moore Pacific Tuna. They caught me a few fish and I keep some in the freezer for convenience.

Steve

Been using pellets up to now but I have a load of sticky krill and Nash key cray in the freezer that I'm meaning to try

Found an old unused bottle of the original active 8 activator liquid in my garage last winter. Was much thicker and richer smelling than the current one. Went to make some bait with it in the close season and the mice have eaten through it not happy!

Ben I'll make you spot on the original activ 8 is different to the current one and that is a shame as the original activ 8 would catch any where why do they change things that aren't Broken

Sonubaits pellet O's are very good, cheesy garlic at the moment., along with bloodworm.. also the Sonubaits Oozing, forgot about them, must order, these were so good a few years back I actually phoned Sonubaits and thanked them ... .
But meat for me the best of all in colder months with extra water on.

I'm just about to embark on the journey of making my own bait. In recent seasons, however, I've caught well on an Active Bait Solutions offering called Malarky.

I have tried many different varieties of boilies, off the shelf, frozen (thawed) own made and have never had a barbel on them. So I don't use them. To be honest I keep a few in my bag just in case. But I don't hold much confidence in them. It was actually a toss up between a boilie and pepperami when I caught my 13lb 6oz on the tidal. And it was the pepperami that caught the beauty.

Sonubaits pellet O's are very good, cheesy garlic at the moment., along with bloodworm.. also the Sonubaits Oozing, forgot about them, must order, these were so good a few years back I actually phoned Sonubaits and thanked them ... .
But meat for me the best of all in colder months with extra water on.
I do like sonubait's stuff, very good bait. Mind the cheesy garlic oozing ones though they turned my fingers yellow for a few days. Had quite a few barbel on them though.

I do like the CC Moore Pacific Tuna, it’s got a lovely smell and since my post on this thread back in 2017 I’ve had a few fish on them. Unfortunately they are very soft, so those Chub plucks can leave you fishing baitless.

Back