• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

best barbel reel ever

Tim Lennon

no arguments...this has got to be the best barbel reel ever

impsmall1.jpg

impsmall2.jpg

impsmall3.jpg

These are rather nice!

Speedia Wide Drum Deluxe......

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 324
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 239
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 270
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 297
Probably the least important bit of tackle as far as Barbel are concerned ! Nicest is the ABU Suveran but any old reel will do, even a pin ;)

Very droll Mr Lush . It's actually Ouse Bridge as there is a good Sams Smiths pub right next to it ! My favourite Barbel Reels ? 'Modern' - Abu Cardinal 54 . Old school fixed spool - Mitchell 300 or 410 . Pin - Speedia , Mordex Merlin , Gysy D'Or , the list goes on ....

I think....Whatever floats your boat:D

If i owned that reel id be scared of getting it mud covered or accidently treading on it....So glass case in the study for me.

And in my opinion the best barbel reels i ever owned were a pair of 3500
baitrunners,still going strong after god knows how many years

If i owned that reel id be scared of getting it mud covered or accidently treading on it....So glass case in the study for me.

The 3500b's to be overtaken by their new cousins the 4000d. The d's are the D's B's

Shimano made of plastic and muckite vs Aerial made of mahogany and brass.
Aerial...still going strong after nearly a century!

Back