• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

barbel book

Not so much a barbel book but a great read Blood Knots by Luke Jennings

Tom,

I had read your post this morning and was dragged to ''Bluewater '' this afternoon , whilst I was hiding in Waterstones to protect the credit card
I noticed ''Blood Knots'' . . .I couldnt resist . . . looks good . . . I hope you were right.

Rich

Anything by Chris Yates or one I enjoyed alot and read more than once is "Magic Moments by Phil and Stef.

A lifetimes Addiction is very good and full of tips and practical information as well as being very entertaining. Elite barbel is a truly great angling book as it takes the angler to the riverbank. Tony Miles is very good at writng positively about many blank sessions and seems to empathise with all our struggles to hunt big fish.

Tom,

I had read your post this morning and was dragged to ''Bluewater '' this afternoon , whilst I was hiding in Waterstones to protect the credit card
I noticed ''Blood Knots'' . . .I couldnt resist . . . looks good . . . I hope you were right.

Rich

He was. One of the best anecdotal angling books I have ever read. More than angling too: life, friendship, coming of age etc. Not much in it for the technicaly minded barbel anglers out there, mind.

Nick Giles' Nature Of Barbel, if you can track down a copy, is also very good.

Back