• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

barbel book

Dean Aston

Im looking for a nice barbel book to read when I go away in Jan on my hols and you lot are frezzing over here :D. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Tony Miles, Elite Barbel is my fav fishing book of all time (50 years on the Ouse is pretty good too).

Neil

Not so much a barbel book but a great read Blood Knots by Luke Jennings

Elite Barbel, inspires this rehabilitated ex-barbel addict to seek unexplored waters or, more likely, a time-machine... Great read

Beneath the Black Water - Jon Berry. Not a barbel book as such, but a real insight into a fishing obsession as mentioned above by Scuba...

Hi men,

Does it have to be a barbel book Dean ?. My fav book read , and re read is Tiger Bay by Rob Mayling , closely followed by Carp Strikes Back by Rod Hutchinson , both written at a great period of carp angling , very funny as well .

Hatter

How about Phil Smiths new book, out this week "Targets set and Achieved" the first 70 pages of 170 are about 20 double figure Barbel out of as many rivers. My copy only came the day before yesterday so I haven't started yet, but flicking through it,the pictures are fantastic, and Phil always tells you how it is. Obtainable from phlpsmith9@aol.com and no I'm not on a percentage I paid for mine
Robbopike in a previous life

The deepening pool. Another classic from Mr Yates.

My favourite fishing book............................Confessions of a carp fisher.

You will not want to put either of them down.

regards,
Jeff

Hi men,

Tom :D , from them times lots of what is going on now with barbel angling started !. Besides , I caught some of the fish in Robs book , took some of the photos , and made some of the tackle that you see in them . Great , great times , never to be repeated .

You know what , I'm going to have another look tonight !.

Hatter

Got the Barbel Catchers book you can borrow if you want Dean, or another from Jon Berry, that isnt a Barbel book, but still a fantastic read is 'Beneath the Black Water'......

Steve

I borrow that of you mate .Looks like I got some books to look at before I go

Big Barbel - Bonded by the Challenge.

Bob Church edits Guy Robb, Pete Reading, Ray Walton and Brian Dowling talking about big barbel and records.

Drool worthy photos of massive barbel that I look at when needing motivation to get out for another blank!

Back