• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bank Tackle discount

Still no Kevlar infused braid in 15lb , been waiting months for this to restock .
although ESP Anchor down is pretty good

Thanks for posting Mike , very good of you. I’ve just had a look and they now do wide gapes in size 10 , are they new or have I just been slow and not noticed before. Thanks
Alex

They have size 10 for a while, but it’s on larger side, more like a size 8 from other makers
Thanks for letting me know, not seen them before, was hoping on size from users are they a true size 10 , ffs I give up predictve txt is doing my head in

true ish size 10, still hoping for an iso standard hook size rating. Any informat

I’m sure I’ll get slated for this comment, but genuine feedback 🙂

I ordered some of their wide gape hooks, following recommendations on here. I was shocked by how thick the wire gauge was (shark hooks!), never used them and carried on using Korda Wide Gape instead. Even the Korda Wide Gape X version isn’t that heavy!

I ordered some of their wide gape hooks, following recommendations on here. I was shocked by how thick the wire gauge was (shark hooks!), never used them and carried on using Korda Wide Gape instead. Even the Korda Wide Gape X version isn’t that heavy!
I also think they're a thick gauge wire, gone back to the few I have left of pallatrax "the hook" and grippaz.

Thanks for posting Mike , very good of you. I’ve just had a look and they now do wide gapes in size 10 , are they new or have I just been slow and not noticed before. Thanks
Alex
Been available in size 10 for a long while Alex but I’ve emailed them a couple of times about 12’s and 14 sizes for my Tench fishing. Meant to be adding to the range I’m told but nothing yet unfortunately ☹️

I’ve used their wide gape pattern with no issues (mostly size 8 or 6). They are a heavy gauge - but for certain jobs I don’t see that as a disadvantage.

They also sharpen up okay.

I’ve never had a problem with #10 wide gape , hook pulls are very rare and most hook holds require forceps for removal, I’ve caught literally hundreds of barbel and chub with no issues.

Just the job for rolling meat?

tempImageFGqnjj.jpg

The size 10 wide gapes are my go to dace hook now :p:p:p

I had a size 8 barb deep in my finger last season, I gripped the forceps on it and got my daughters bf to pull it out (after I looked away). It wouldn't budge, turned out he was trying to be gentle so not to hurt me, I explained the stuck on band aid situation, another more positive attempt saw it come out with various "threads" attached and a numb finger for quite a while. Gripz are an attractive alternative!

I know of an ex-England cricketer who managed to hook himself in the eyeball whilst sea fishing in North Wales with his lads. Apparently it was a fair old walk back to car across a couple of rocky headlands (hook still in eye) and then a hours drive to the nearest hospital! Ouch! Amazingly it hasn't affected his sight .

Back