• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BAA 16lbe? ?

Jeff Collins

No Longer a Member
Big hands on that man

Attachments

• 16lb.jpg
    16lb.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 588
It's it's a bit like one of M.C. Escher's creations...the captor's right hand looks closer to the camera than his left, but the fish's head looks closer to it than the tail! Work than one out!!

Have to agree needs his scales checked.....

god knows what scales were used to weigh that fish maybe when he zeroed the scales he didn't see the 1 before it that actually read 10lb lol

If he knocks somewhere between 4 and 6lb off each weight he might be somewhere close. I reckon the 16 might be a scraper dub (I'm being generous), the 12 might be around 8 and the other one is a splasher. He's holding them out so far though it makes him look a ....

Don't know what it is about fishing that attracts embellishers! The amount of people I speak to that "don't bother weighing them" and catch barbel "about 10lb" is becoming boring.
Spoke to a lad last week who had a good day, a 12lb barbel and 21lb pike! Amazing as he'd only started fishing rivers last week!

There are some that don't know they don't know.

I'm not one for the "mat police" but I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the fact that he's holding these fish 5ft above the ground and at arms length...... I wonder how many he's dropped.

Its because of threads like this that I never reported the 8lb roach I had last season, mind the pictures don't do it justice to be fair.

Earlier in the season we had a reported 14 + caught by a novice angler on our bit of river a week or so later it was caught again by a very experienced angler at 12 something it later imerged that the novice angler forgot to take the weight off for the weighing sling !!!! We have noticed that this is quite a common occurrence !!!!

Earlier in the season we had a reported 14 + caught by a novice angler on our bit of river a week or so later it was caught again by a very experienced angler at 12 something it later imerged that the novice angler forgot to take the weight off for the weighing sling !!!! We have noticed that this is quite a common occurrence !!!!

Perhaps the captor of the 16 lber weighed it in his keep net :rolleyes:

Back