• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

At last a big Perch!

Ian Tucker

After so much effort finally a big perch .... and what a fish:eek:

4lb 2oz of stripey perfection!

Thrilled to bits and can think of little else at the moment .....

Picture022.jpg

Last edited:
Flippin 'eck Ian, that means I am going to have to go out and catch a monster now ;)

When are we going to Lake Nasser??

Very well done mate, it has been an ordeal for you but well worth the effort

Last edited:
Superb!

That's fantastic Ian, very well done indeed!

I've never had a good perch so can imagine how satisfying that is after working hard to get one. Brilliant!

Fantastic fish Ian.
I've spent the summer chasing these wonderful fish on lures. Had a few 2's (one today!) up to a best of 3-9.
I am completely fixated by them, so much so that the barbel gear is gathering dust.....
Never been a better time for big perch................enjoy them while you can!!

Keep at it, but i warn you, it's addictive!

All the best,

Steve

I agree steve, I have had over 10 2'sin the last month, had several at 3, just need that elusive 4lber...
there are so many big perch out there, and the beauty is that not many people target them!

Wonderful fish Ian. The look on your face tells the story of just how much this glorious fish means to you, the pure joy of catching your dream. I truly hope that one day, sooner rather than later, my enthusiasm will return so that I can once again feel the way you do now. Enjoy mate.

Cheers, Dave.

Well done that Man o' Kent or perhaps you are a Kentishman...fantastic catch

Many thanks for all of the nice comments ....... went barbel fishing yesterday and could not concentrate for thoughts of perch:rolleyes:

Bill ..... I am a Man of Kent but my prize was a Kentish Perch:D

Back