• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Announcement

This thread was supposed to be all about the new group..Instead its being used by some BS members yet again publicising their own group and picking points out of peoples comments. Let this group start properly and with a fair chance to get started..If anything after reading yet again sniping comments from the other established, but fastly declining Barbel group it only strengthens peoples resolve and support for something new. I hope this new group learns from the mistakes made by others and goes on to be a success. I have no problems with donating any money to this new group but i do firstly want to be sure that the main people who run this new group are not jumping ship from the other because in my opinion the new group would be better with completely new people with new ideas..Good luck to them..

This thread was supposed to be all about the new group..Instead its being used by some BS members yet again publicising their own group and picking points out of peoples comments. Let this group start properly and with a fair chance to get started..If anything after reading yet again sniping comments from the other established, but fastly declining Barbel group it only strengthens peoples resolve and support for something new. I hope this new group learns from the mistakes made by others and goes on to be a success. I have no problems with donating any money to this new group but i do firstly want to be sure that the main people who run this new group are not jumping ship from the other because in my opinion the new group would be better with completely new people with new ideas..Good luck to them..

Tut tut Craig, you'll get BS'ed busted if your not careful...:D:D:D

Richard

'Honest' - adjective, meaning

1.honorable in principles, intentions, and actions; upright and fair: an honest person.

2.showing uprightness and fairness: honest dealings.

3. gained or obtained fairly: honest wealth.

4.sincere; frank: an honest face.

5.genuine or unadulterated: honest commodities.

6.respectable; having a good reputation: an honest name.

7. truthful or creditable: honest weights.

8. humble, plain, or unadorned.

9. Archaic . chaste; virtuous.

Take your pick - react as you will.

Ey Up Big Chin

How goes it mucker? Good to see you poke your nose into the barbel world occasionally, your entertaining and objective posts have been missed by some........ well, me :D

I hear what you say about the new group and how you suggest that it should be run and, in many ways, I totally agree. However, there are an awful lot of folk out there that want to be part of an honest, well run group and up to now there hasn't been one that they were happy to join or rejoin.

Attempting to recreate the 'good old days' is always fraught with danger but the will amongst many is strong and they have convinced old cynics like me that it is possible or at least, worth a go. So let's give 'em a chance :)

As for a 'Facebook Group'! Do me a favour, I want nothing to do with facebook and the tons of spam that it seems to generate. Anyway, at the moment the group seems to be fairly informal and will become what the membership wants it to become. There is a large element of informality that will be retained I am sure and impromptu get togethers arranged. They are even hosting an exchange system where you can have an angler from another river as a guest and then do a reciprocal to their water. That will appeal to many.

As for the credit check. I know that you still like to barter for most things and beg steal or borrow the rest :D But it is the only system that allows you to check on who is joining by validating their membership. This is the way that BFW have gone and it seems to have kept the riff raff quiet - on the whole :rolleyes:

Come on and give it a go mate, the old BSG do's were great and I know you'd enjoy some more of that.

Good Evening all,
What a glorious winters day it's been for me,out on my job up the Teme,Redlake,Clun and Onny ,stunning surroundings,crystal clear waters,dippers and crunchy ,snowy banks .
Oh and took a few snaps for posterity and intel ,lovely .

Dave,
Tell you what I will do .
Will send you some dollars through the post ,and you can validate me ,or liquidate ,so watch out for Postman Pat and his little red van,up Weobly way.:)
Am all for the craic .

Fred B,
Kind of you to provide a link,but Pons is getting quite good on these old computery fings,has to use them now in the office would you believe.

Rich F,
Chill out ,stop defending,sniping and generally sounding silly,your leader and I are quite chilled about things ,and are too old to worry ,whatever happens or does not.It's only a bit of fishing and banter.

Lots of love all,
Big Chin

Am all for the craic........

Just a couple or so days too late Christopher, or you may have been No.100 registered, would've suited a 'centurion' such as yersel.

Come along, by all means, and enjoy 'the craic', you'll certainly know a few (if not all) who are about and it'll be good to talk again and to see some of your latest photographic successes,
Mike

Just a couple or so days too late Christopher, or you may have been No.100 registered, would've suited a 'centurion' such as yersel.

Come along, by all means, and enjoy 'the craic', you'll certainly know a few (if not all) who are about and it'll be good to talk again and to see some of your latest photographic successes,
Mike

Guday young Mike,
Yes ,mate it would be good indeed to have the craic.
Certainly am loving the photography.
Even got a lineside pass for xmas on the Severn Valley Line,for the choo choos,want a few more snowy ones in steam .
Very best regards,long travelling one,
Pons

Hi Chris,
Good to see your enjoying life mate and your passion for both the fishing and photography is still as strong as ever. Must admit have missed the craic as you say and the fun we used to have.

Some good people on the ABF even if they did invite me to chair it and have done a superb job of putting it together, no ego's, no dictating just an organisation where the members choose those that run it, what direction it will take, good lively informative debate and ideas. Must admit to be more than a bit excited and optimistic of what the future holds for it.

Would love to see you on there, knowing you as I do I'm sure you would bring a smile to the faces of the membership with your unique style, witt and knowledgeable posts, the choice is as always yours.

Keith

Last edited:
Will definitely join Trussers ,it's very positive move and might ultimately bring more unity and strength in a fractured ,very un unified angling world.

Am sure it has been set up for the right reasons,with honest decent folk running it in a democratic manner.

To quote that over used cliché ,which of course I never use ,at the the end of the day,only good things can come from it .
But I still the title is a bit grand and overbearing:D

Many of the members probably fish for other species as well,so we wont just be talking about Barbel .

Regards,
Pons

Now now Dave, enough of that :eek:

:)

Last 'Bump' for this.....

Good Morning gentlemen,

I thought I would give this announcement a last 'bump' here, prior to moving any further information & news to the appropriate Forum Section for the future.

Thanks to the BFW team for allowing our exposure here and thanks also to the BFW community for joining & supporting us.

Looking forward to seeing some more of you having a look at what's on offer for you and we'll keep all future postings in the assigned area,

Thanks,

Mike

PS......... We offer our congratulations to The Barbel Society for the successful completion of the annual Research & Conservation Auction last night. Again, high levels of funding for R & C were attained thanks to the generosity of the lots providers and the bidders,
Association of Barbel Fishers, (ABF).

Last edited:
Back