• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Am i missing something ...

I feel your pain fella.No way would i get a Rooney tho,even if i had the money.Just knowing where it was transplanted from puts me off .šŸ˜Š

Well if you thought the bucket hat was bad iā€ve just spotted these .

E8A8D0E1-963B-44F5-BBC3-8E313C0FA71E.png

Apparently thats cheap .
Mental

In 1969 a whole Ford Capri was about Ā£800, for a reproduction rear quarter panel youā€™ll need to shell out Ā£1500.
Two/Three years ago a Yellow Tang for your aquarium would of cost Ā£45, now Ā£350.
Simple supply and demand.

Thereā€™s a world of people there buying crap they and about four other people want but if thereā€™s only 3 of them somewhere, someone is going to pay a silly amount of money for something because they can. Look at antiques road show, plenty of ugly and expensive vases!

In 1969 a whole Ford Capri was about Ā£800, for a reproduction rear quarter panel youā€™ll need to shell out Ā£1500.
Two/Three years ago a Yellow Tang for your aquarium would of cost Ā£45, now Ā£350.
Simple supply and demand.

Thereā€™s a world of people there buying crap they and about four other people want but if thereā€™s only 3 of them somewhere, someone is going to pay a silly amount of money for something because they can. Look at antiques road show, plenty of ugly and expensive vases!
i used to keep marine fish .. yellow tang Ā£350!!!
something like a dog face puffer must be astronomical

i used to keep marine fish .. yellow tang Ā£350!!!
something like a dog face puffer must be astronomical
Itā€™s simply because Hawaii has closed and most all of them came from Hawaii, it also effects stuff which would of ported and flown from Hawaii. Indonesia closed for a bit and it sent prices mad, corals are significantly more expensive now. Fish and corals have a very low price per unit to the wholesalers, itā€™s the air freight and with the lack of flights with Covid compounding the market closures itā€™s caused huge inflation.

Back