• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Am i missing something ...

Without doubt a brilliant angler and better than I’ll ever be BUT £55 just ‘cos it bears his name 😩

47353DB7-BF0D-45A8-897F-79DF7E1B153F.jpeg

A herd of cows...
A gaggle of geese...

I'm going with a 'statement' of sponsorship hats!!

Attachments

• 5b8d01f657ec79ef1fb1a4db81876e30.jpg
    5b8d01f657ec79ef1fb1a4db81876e30.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 29.8-500x405.jpg
    29.8-500x405.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Terrys-the-Parrot-2-.jpg
    Terrys-the-Parrot-2-.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 151
Without doubt a brilliant angler and better than I’ll ever be BUT £55 just ‘cos it bears his name 😩
Especially when you can get a Rod Hutchins rig box from the One Pound Fishing Tackle shop.

Sorry gents but all this adulation of celebrity anglers starts to grate with me after a while ,put it this way I don’t think Terry Hearn has had to use much toilet paper the last couple of days.

Yes he is a brilliant angler and i’ve got all his books and watched all his videos,but there’s an awfull lot of guys around doing very well living what I would call more normal lives.ie Married,Kids and mortgages up to their eyeballs.

To put it into perspective,when we’re all fighting through the Monday morning traffic to clock into our
factories ,warehouses,offices or where ever ,Mr Hearn is just pushing in his Neville banksticks to start his four or five days “work”.That in my book is a massive advantage ,end of.

Anyway following my previous post
1641905912087.jpeg

i expect mine is worth all of 50 pence now! :)

Last edited:
Sorry gents but all this adulation of celebrity anglers starts to grate with me after a while ,put it this way I don’t think Terry Hearn has had to use much toilet paper the last couple of days.

Yes he is a brilliant angler and i’ve got all his books and watched all his videos,but there’s an awfull lot of guys around doing very well living what I would call more normal lives.ie Married,Kids and mortgages up to their eyeballs.

To put it into perspective,when we’re all fighting through the Monday morning traffic to clock into our
factories ,warehouses,offices or where ever ,Mr Hearn is just pushing in his Neville banksticks to start his four or five days “work”.That in my book is a massive advantage ,end of.

Anyway following my previous post View attachment 17537

Cracking looking fish bob👍

Anyway following my previous post View attachment 17537

get what your saying bob .. but you have to be good to get offered it in the first place .. he was a 9 to 5 like the rest of us once upon a time i think he was a postman

get what your saying bob .. but you have to be good to get offered it in the first place .. he was a 9 to 5 like the rest of us once upon a time i think he was a postman
Very true Terry ,i suppose it boils down to how much you like your fishing.Its obviously the main thing in his life ,and thats fair enough ,but personally i prefer a bit of a balance.
Can’t beat a day on the river having my harrison pulled then home to yell at my offspring , dinner ,a pint and then a cuddle (from the dog).
Happy days

Very true Terry ,i suppose it boils down to how much you like your fishing.Its obviously the main thing in his life ,and thats fair enough ,but personally i prefer a bit of a balance.
Can’t beat a day on the river having my harrison pulled then home to yell at my offspring , dinner ,a pint and then a cuddle (from the dog).
Happy days
couldn’t agree more you can have too much of a good thing …. i bet even concorde pilots used to get fed up with it

I remember having a conversation with Bob Morris many years ago….Bob who ? some of you will be saying, but Bob was very successful in his day, first man to catch 100 double figure carp in a season back in the early 1970’s ( a weekends fishing now on some of the commercials ). He ran a tackle shop business assisted by John his dad and fished every hour he could BUT in the end he was fit to bust. Really got to him and had to back off as he was only going fishing ‘cos “ he was expected to ! As you say Terry “ you can have too much of a good thing” but we all have our different tolerance levels. I’m same a Bob, try to lead a balanced life but some peoples lives are just fishing….

Last edited:
I occasionally fish with a chap who is a reserve, sometimes member of the English boat fishing squad , no doubt about it he is obsessed, he thinks nothing off having a 2 day charter say, at Hartlepool, then driving down to Weymouth for a 3 day boat festival, then back up country somewhere for another 3 day festival etc etc….across to Denmark or Sweden, France etc, for an international, then back home for a couple of days then they all join up and fish “practice days “ at the venue their next match is to be fished at . They know months ahead where the matches are and order bait ( at no small cost ) months in advance unless its a match that has bait packs provided.
A never ending round of driving, fishing, driving, making rigs etc etc . I would say without doubt they are far more obsessed than freshwater match anglers.. they do access the very best top quality gear as sponsorship deals, amd he always has more “stuff” than anybody could ever need.

If you think some freshwater anglers are obsessive about their rigs, well I can tell you they are mere amateurs , the whole of the English boat fishing squad have about ten rig walletts each, maybe more, and each member has exactly the same rigs, made to exactly the same patterns in each wallet as every other team member.
Reasoning is that if one of the team are catching , they contact the others to say something like “Wallet 3, rig 14 is doing the buisness “

I find it very amusing, when for the most part they are targetting fish that would not even make a minimum size, most of the match fishing being for species. and not weight bags…

Its good for conservation though.

David

Back