• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

All excited about the 16th?

A stretch of the Trent this afternoon, I'd say they're all pretty excited😲
20200615_183335.jpg

I wonder what state the banks will be in when that lot move on, its a bet that there will be maybe a smidgeon of litter, maybe the odd corn tin, hali pellet bag, etc etc to give a person a clue that there has been the odd angler present, anybody that has seen the state of the top stretch of the Trent at Collingham below the weir a few days after the 16th June on almost any year will know what I mean .

As said earlier, I will leave the first trip of the season until the daftness has died down somewhat. I will bet the noise of badly set alarms beep beeping all night would drive a sane man crazy .

David .

I wonder what state the banks will be in when that lot move on, its a bet that there will be maybe a smidgeon of litter, maybe the odd corn tin, hali pellet bag, etc etc to give a person a clue that there has been the odd angler present, anybody that has seen the state of the top stretch of the Trent at Collingham below the wier a few days after the 16th June on almost any year will know what I mean .

As said earlier, I will leave the first trip of the season until the daftness has died down somewhat. I will bet the noise of badly set alarms beep beeping all night would drive a sane man crazy .

David .

I understand where your coming from David, i too will resist. Instead, i will be watching the tide times at New Brighton. Good luck on whatever you decide my friend. 👍

I understand where your coming from David, i too will resist. Instead, i will be watching the tide times at New Brighton. Good luck on whatever you decide my friend. 👍

Hi Derek, I am hoping to get acrosd to Perch sometime soon, dont know when yet, but will let you know beforehand .
David

Looks like thunderstorms tomorrow evening. Thinking about going up for first light and fishing the morning now. Might go back up on the evening if the weather changes

I’m all set up on the Ouse, not one other person down here. Lovely. Seen some nice chub floating about. Where I saw barbel the other day had been invaded by kids swimming and smoking weed, so dropped in a little downstream where is quieter and a little deeper

On the Wharfe at Tadcaster at 11.30, 1 rod in at 12.10, second at 1, 3 foot twitch on the 2nd rod at 1.30, 6 1/2 lb Barbel, my first fish in 30 years, also got a 3lb chub and couple of pound stinky pan lid (that I didnt know I had on, and just reeled in!) Now remote lecturing, hoping to go out later. The banks were rammed.

I got up the Severn at 4am and there was 3 cars there already. Had a couple of eel bites first 20 mins then nothing after. Only stayed til 8 and when I left there was about 5 pegs free. Was thinking about going back this evening but won’t bother now

Jon.
River was totally dead on Lower.

7 anglers no barbel.

Roach were showing on surface only.

To my knowledge 16 anglers fishing 3 different beats on Wye only one barbel.

I believe they are spawning again.
Reports from higher up Country seem fish feeding very well.

Maybe they will spawn again later or have finished due temps

Back