• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ALDI fishing gear

Talking of footwear I've just got some new walking boots from Go Outdoors for £17!, reduced from £60! They look good quality and the reviews are good!

Just wader socks for me. Why wader I'm not sure, they come up almost to the knee.

On balance decided to get the boots after all. Will do for winter dog walking if nothing else. Thanks for the feedback gents.

Talking of footwear I've just got some new walking boots from Go Outdoors for £17!, reduced from £60! They look good quality and the reviews are good!
Hi Dave,
I have the same boots. When new the tops rubbed my ankle really bad.
I put a piece of wood in the vice, put the top of the boot over the wood and hit the boot top with a hammer several times. This softened up the top and they are now really comfortable.
Mike

Been wearing a pair for for fishing for 2yrs now...virtually every sesh...and love them. Got p'ed off with expensive so-called waterproof boots, that need treating regularly...then still leak walking through early morning dew. 10/10

Thermal jogging/fishing bottoms arrived today. Superb quality, nice and thick with a warm fleece lining, YKK zips. thanks again Gerry and Greg :):):)

Back