• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ALDI fishing gear

Gerry Giles

Senior Member & Supporter
Went into my local ALDI ...WOW !!!!! Some really good stuff at great prices
at last found they sell neoprene gloves in MENS sizes L/XL and of course smaller sizes and 3 or 4 different styles cheap too £4.99
as the normal ONE SIZE ones are way too tight I got big hands lol

I bought another thermal mug mainly as it will fit in my car holder and it is Stainless steel liner £3.99
I dont need any hoodies or jogging bottoms but golly gosh the quality was amazing for the price one hell of a lot better than ones I have seen for 3 times the price in tackle shops thats definite !!! some nice jackets too
well worth a quick look folks
20.gif

Likewise, felt obliged to visit Aldi this morning, now I am a proud owner of a hoody and a pair of padded Salopette, Plain olive as I dont want to be mistaken for a carp angler.

Both items look fine, I dont give the Salopettes more than 12 months tops, but at about £25.00 they were a steal, and just could be identical to some similar clothing with a "label" that cost probably twice as much or more....hopefully I may be pleasantly suprised.

Not only that, they are almost a personalised item of clothing, I just have an additional "I" .

Dave

Just out of interest in the recent Which Mag report on AAA and AA disposable batteries the top was

Duracell BUT SO CLOSE TO IT !!!!! at number 2 at a fraction of the price was ALDI £1.99 FOR 8 !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys,
I purchased some neoprene socks, I thought they were great until I tried to get them off, impossible on my own, my wife Tina, nearly dislocated her shoulders pulling them off my feet, I went back and got a size bigger which solved the problem.
Any more great IDEAS !
Brian.

For the price the wellies are bang on .The neoprene is a bit thin but I have been after a cheap pair to leave in the car for the occasional walk along a river or when I am out bailiffing and they will be fine,and a quarter of the price at ,least for a pair of muck boots.
I also bought a chair which was a steal at 25 quid.Again you could buy better for a lot more cash but I bet it will last as long as my wychwood one which is given up the goast after just one season and cost over twice as much.
Cant fault all of the gear at the prices they sell it at .The gloves hoodies everything may not be the best quality but look at the price

Got a pair of the boots as a back-up pair for Grubs I have which are great but still wear out and are 4x the price
Also got a chair as I am heavy on chairs - note they have a 3 year warranty!! Mine was £19.99 delivered off the website

Back