• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi - Bargain Neoprene gloves - 9th Dec

I got a pair a while ago.

They look a bit silly on but I have to say they are very warm and make packing away wet gear allot nicer in the cold.

Tom.

Good for the money,but found using the fold back thumb/finger tip velcro too restricting,so chopped them down just below the knuckle to make fingerless gloves.Works for me.

Pete.

I got a pair last year. They aren't bad at all but don't stand up to lots of snow shovelling very well.

Bought two pairs last year and haven't even used the second pair yet. Use them for cycling in cold weather as well as fishing and apart from a slight split on openings for thumb and finger they are still in good condition.

like others I bought 2 pairs last year and use them for work, fishing and other sports excellent value for money especially if you work outside in the cold.

These gloves are ok, but here is a warning, remember that the velco hurts when you attempt to wipe your face or nose with the back of your hand.:(:(
Brian.

There are already rip-off Gorillapod versions kicking around on eBay for around a fiver. Wouldn't like to vouch for the quality though.

I got a pair a while ago.

They look a bit silly on but I have to say they are very warm and make packing away wet gear allot nicer in the cold.

Tom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fail to see what it is that looks silly about them?

I've been using a pair of thin neoprene divers gloves for several years now and find them toasty as well as being thin enough that at times I forget I'm wearing them. When it gets really cold I wear a pair of Thinsulate lined fleece walkers gloves over them. They are really warm, I have had to cut a slit across the index finger though so I can still touch ledger while wearing them.

The Chairman on Monday

Subject: Lidl

As I passed one of those places in which you can buy all manner of tat for thruppennceha'penny (and hospitalize yourself with food-poisoning for probably even less - certainly clog up the old arteries) today, I took my life into my hands and ventured in. Whereupon I found an excellent staplegun for a very reasonable £4.99. No use to me, of course, but I hear that Deirdre has been putting it to very good use on our flyfisher and celebrity Guests in the Castle Cellars.

As ever,

B.B.

Last edited:
Perhaps your greatest conquest so far Paul, a trip to Lidl. Where else could evoke such emotions and challenges. :D

Back