• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Advice Needed - Custom Rods

Just to add a thought. I really didnt get on with the 12ft 1.75 torrix, had a pair built Sir Tunley, sold them. Got him to build me an 11ft 1.75tc torrix, love it. Especially great for rolling meat, or light pellet work. Free Spirit Hi S Barbel for when i need something with a little more grunt, also built by Mark - sensing a theme.

Just to add a thought. I really didnt get on with the 12ft 1.75 torrix, had a pair built Sir Tunley, sold them. Got him to build me an 11ft 1.75tc torrix, love it. Especially great for rolling meat, or light pellet work. Free Spirit Hi S Barbel for when i need something with a little more grunt, also built by Mark - sensing a theme.
You would think the 11 and 12 foot versions would be similar just a foot shorter but they ain’t anything alike. I have a freind who uses the 12 foot version and he much prefers it to my 11’s and I’m like yourself I much prefer the 11’s. I find the 12’s a little droopy. The 2lb was better being a little stiffer but no comparison to both TC’s in the 11’s imo. I’d love to try the 2.25 out in 12foot to see how that feels

You would think the 11 and 12 foot versions would be similar just a foot shorter but they ain’t anything alike. I have a freind who uses the 12 foot version and he much prefers it to my 11’s and I’m like yourself I much prefer the 11’s. I find the 12’s a little droopy. The 2lb was better being a little stiffer but no comparison to both TC’s in the 11’s imo. I’d love to try the 2.25 out in 12foot to see how that feels
Actually - i just remembered i have a 11ft 2lb version too that Bob built me, has a different action and feel to it. And definitely a much thicker blank.

The highest compliment i can pay the 11ft 1.75 variant is that it's the most similar rod I have to my Daiwa AKN116, which is the best light barbel rod in the world ever, fact, no debate allowed ;-)

Actually - i just remembered i have a 11ft 2lb version too that Bob built me, has a different action and feel to it. And definitely a much thicker blank.

The highest compliment i can pay the 11ft 1.75 variant is that it's the most similar rod I have to my Daiwa AKN116, which is the best light barbel rod in the world ever, fact, no debate allowed ;-)
I’ve handled a lot of the older whiskers but never a Kevin nash 116. They are worth some brass nowadays. Rare rods.

Back