• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Adams Mill

Feel free to post whatever you like from wherever you can find it, Chris Turnbull - it won't bother me, or, I reckon, any of the Anglers here on BFW.

Sure I am. One comment from me to you, however, not intended nastily, more out of concern - get some help for whatever is eating you out, Chris.

Nothing's eating me out Paul. Just tied of reading your snooty remarks, stirring up ****e and then playing the victim. XXXX

That overworked "snooty" & "victim" riff has been played by so many In Concert Boote Bashers on BFW and other fishy internet boards over the past several years, it makes me giggle to see it trotted out yet again - if that's all such sorts can play, well, no wonder they get so frustrated and Mr Angry Trousers. Face it, Chris; face it all of those who want to stick one on me, for whatever reason: you can't.

Hi men ,

Paul , are you setting people up to have a dig at you ?. As an observation , you were going on a summer holiday ( cliff richard style) ,then after 1 day you post . Just an observation .

Hatter

Last edited:
Setting people up, Mark? No. Merely telling certain sorts not to waste their time. I don't go at my fellow fellow fishers in a personal way, but if someone comes looking for a piece of me or for an angler / someone I happen to know, respect or like, then God help them - the old, never-lose squash-player in me comes out, and I fight!

A SHORT EXTRACT FROM A POEM ENTILTED DESIDFRATA
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste and remember what peace there may be in silence :rolleyes:
As far as possible with out surrender be on good terms with all other persons .
Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others , Even the dull and the ignorant , They to have their story . Avoid loud and aggresive persons , they are a vexatious to the spirit .
If you compare your self to others you may become vain and bitter , for aways there will be greater and and lesser persons :) than your self

Yes, I know that one well: fake medieval, written in and for the Peace and Love era and turned at a healthy profit into many a young person's framed print or poster, Hippy Sh1t from the 1960s. Pretty, but of little use when faced with today's spinners, hackers and gougers, grab it and runners...

A SHORT EXTRACT FROM A POEM ENTILTED DESIDFRATA
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste and remember what peace there may be in silence :rolleyes:
As far as possible with out surrender be on good terms with all other persons .
Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others , Even the dull and the ignorant , They to have their story . Avoid loud and aggresive persons , they are a vexatious to the spirit .
If you compare your self to others you may become vain and bitter , for aways there will be greater and and lesser persons :) than your self

Yes, I know that one well: fake medieval, written in and for the Peace and Love era and turned at a healthy profit into many a young person's framed print or poster, Hippy Sh1t from the 1960s. Pretty, but of little use when faced with today's spinners, hackers and gougers, grab it and runners...

PS - something lifted just now from the at best only moderately accurate Internet:

Max Ehrmann's inspirational poem - Desiderata

The common myth is that the Desiderata poem was found in a Baltimore church in 1692 and is centuries old, of unknown origin. Desiderata was in fact written around 1920 (although some say as early as 1906), and certainly copyrighted in 1927, by lawyer Max Ehrmann (1872-1945) based in Terre Haute, Indiana. The Desiderata myth began after Reverend Frederick Kates reproduced the Desiderata poem in a collection of inspirational works for his congregation in 1959 on church notepaper, headed: 'The Old St Paul's Church, Baltimore, AD 1692' (the year the church was founded). Copies of the Desiderata page were circulated among friends, and the myth grew, accelerated particularly when a copy of the erroneously attributed Desiderata was found at the bedside of deceased Democratic politician Aidlai Stevenson in 1965.

Last edited:
No wonder Jeremy Wade decided to give you the "Boote"

Having shared dinner with him years ago ,it's not hard to understand his logic.

Very perceptive and nice chap I thought.

Tootle pip,
Pons

Julian, when I first read your post I thought if you dont like it dont go there, but then I went back a page and virtually the whole section is taken up by two respected adult anglers behaving like a couple of squabling, spoilt, school girls. This behaviour is disrespectfull of other members and should be carried out in private they have spoiled a nice nostalgic thread posted by Fred by their own petty nastiness.

No wonder Jeremy Wade decided to give you the "Boote"

Having shared dinner with him years ago ,it's not hard to understand his logic.

Very perceptive and nice chap I thought.

Tootle pip,
Pons

I think you will find that it was Boote who did the booting - something sadly one has to do when a friend and a business associate very badly lets one down.

Adams Mill

When Adams mill became syndicate water i applied and was accepted I fished it for two years and I never caught a fish in fact I don’t think I ever had a bite

Very interesting. Were you fishing there owing to the size of the fish? I would have liked to have chanced my arm there had I been fishing but I was working too hard.

I'm an average barbel angler so sounds like I'd have had a long old blank. 2 years is serious persistence for not even a bite I must say.

Mr Boote, he did make exceedingly good rods :)

As for the other protagonist, anyone who tells me a river (Wensum) has too many chub has to have a serious obsessional problem ;)

Life is far too short gents, just enjoy your fishing where and when you can.

You all should have lived in Northumbria for the last 40 years, even now the word 'COARSE' is apparently too political for it to be used in the EA's 'Wear Fishery Development Plan', (it was removed at the bequest of game clubs) Of course it's perfectly OK to have the Wear Salmon Action Plan :rolleyes:

Most of you don't know your born when it comes to good (and maintained) river coarse fishing.

Although when there is a surplus of Calverton dace/chub we do get the left-overs.

Time to rejoice; the Wear has just received 3000 each of chub and dace, 6000 fish that after loosing 100's of 1000's to predators over the last few years.
Couple that to some very poor spawning years the EA 'aint doing us many favours :(

Last edited:
I think you will find that it was Boote who did the booting - something sadly one has to do when a friend and a business associate very badly lets one down.

Paul,
Stick to the fishing stuff mate, simple souls such as I can't be doing with the academia .

Give me best rod rest,best boilie any day,says he tongue in cheek ,chucked in with a touch of humour.:)

Simple souls, then, perhaps should not listen to - let alone believe - those far more complex than themselves: they can end up being badly misled and seriously confused.:)

Back