• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Adams Mill

Simon, I suspect as with some other species, the bigger fish may not surge as violently as the mid-size specimens. However as my barbel PB is only a tad over 11lb, I am not speaking from experience. We can but dream.

Appreciate your reply, very interesting for me to hear about the stretch.

Sounds tricky. I didn't realise the no night fishing part.

TBH I enjoy watching fish as much as catching so I imagine it would have been great to see some true clonkers swimming around.

I'm stuck on the monster path at the moment but whatever you enjoy you should stick to, I look forward to fishing the Wye one day as everyone seems to love fishing there.

Agreed the Wye is a magnificent River, but if you are truly stuck on the monster path the Wye will be a huge challenge;) P
Adams Mill has all the attributes I am told with regard to produce record fish, the slower paced flow but above all the easy pickings supplied by the enthusastic would be record catchers. But add the Otter factor and it's a different scenario, and the very reason the barbel grow big works in favour of the Otters too.
If you would like to fish the Wye then you should do, it is an Angling treat, if you would like some help in locating day ticket water or the more 'up market' stretches then pm me.

Thank f--- this thread has returned to some semblance of normality!! Andy as a moderator (or whatever term is used in this forum) surely you should have stepped in and sorted it out before the rest of us who are interested in Barbel fishing had to suffer several pages of c--p before we could enjoy some inteligent comment! Just a thought from a frustrated new member?:(

Back