• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Action Pics

Hi men ,

Just spent sometime looking at pics , great times , and here is one when there was water in the river !.

sueplayingbarbel.jpg

Luxury seating :D:D:D

Hatter

Steve, do you mean you can see Andrew Boyne's pictures (post #11)? Strange that some of can see them and others can't. I can't see anything wrong with the IMG links in his post, the pics just don't show. I've tried it in Chrome and IE, and at home and at work. All the other pics on the page are okay, but Andrew's are the only ones where the images are on the BFW server rather than Photobucket.

It is what it is, as you well know most of the requirement in those 2.5 tc carp rods is to 'punch' out big weights or feeders, rarely do you have to use the rod as a tool as this was demonstrated in the pictures.
Every 'lil 'ol comment about carp and carping seems to bring you out in a rage, :p

:D:D Not really Neil, I just get fed up with the various factions of our sport continually having a go and belittling others, often with ill informed digs and comments at that. I know what you mean about the pure casting form of carp rods....they are really better suited to casting tournaments. However, those type of rods form are a very small percentage of the many types of rods used in modern carping. My most frequently used rods are 2.75 TC, and yet they bend into a full fighting curve very nicely....IF required to do so. I have caught a great many carp to over 50lbs, in various scenarios, lake and river....and I have yet to use a rod of the type you describe.

However, what I am really getting at is that it truly is about time the various factions of our sport stopped the petty squabbling, stopped the childish deriding and name calling and started recognising that we really are all one hobby, and should stand together as one. Until we achieve that, we stand very little chance of EVER making our views heard and becoming an influential voice that is taken notice of in discussions about the future of our waters. We have the numbers and the talent...we really should be doing better.

Sorry to ramble on....its an age thing :p

Cheers, Dave.

Dave,

It was addressed to Mark and he knows what I mean....(I do fish for carp-still)

Neil,

That just about sums it up thanks

Tommo

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you still fish for carp....but it does beg the question as to why you seem to think that carp rods are not capable of bending in the same way as the rod Mark's good lady is so skilfully wielding. (See my reply to Neil)

However, that aspect of it really isn't important, and not worth the hassle it seems to have raised :D It would have been far better if I had made no comment at all on this one....too touchy at times, lol.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
:D:D Not really Neil, I just get fed up with the various factions of our sport continually having a go and belittling others, often with ill informed digs and comments at that. I know what you mean about the pure casting form of carp rods....they are really better suited to casting tournaments. However, those type of rods form are a very small percentage of the many types of rods used in modern carping. My most frequently used rods are 2.75 TC, and yet they bend into a full fighting curve very nicely....IF required to do so. I have caught a great many carp to over 50lbs, in various scenarios, lake and river....and I have yet to use a rod of the type you describe.

However, what I am really getting at is that it truly is about time the various factions of our sport stopped the petty squabbling, stopped the childish deriding and name calling and started recognising that we really are all one hobby, and should stand together as one. Until we achieve that, we stand very little chance of EVER making our views heard and becoming an influential voice that is taken notice of in discussions about the future of our waters. We have the numbers and the talent...we really should be doing better.

Sorry to ramble on....its an age thing :p

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave,
Point taken I have never caught a Carp of 50lb actually never caught a carp of even half that weight, so as to what curve my Shaky Match might describe I am at a loss.:eek:
But I don't think there is that amount of derision to any discipline in our sport, certainly not on here, however I do appreciate you have been tainted by Carp and I wish you well,:) but for me I bend in a Barbel Road as was Sue's keeps me going back for more.
Age thing? still time to put things right :p

Here's one of my brother with a double hook up!:)
doubletrouble.jpg

Hi men ,

Sue nearly got dragged down the mud , bit of a precarious swim :D . Winter on the Teme , pukka stuff :), in fact ended up hanging onto the rope seen on the left a bit :D

fish041.jpg

Steve , none of me :rolleyes: ,I like all the other pics on this thread , perhaps a new section on our gallerys ???.

Hatter

Hi men,

Not a action pic as normal , but a true Teme photo . Sue getting into one of her fav swims , all those fishing the Teme will know after the next bit of good rain , you will all be doing this

026-1.jpg

The tea stuff followed her down to a little shelf , I did not !

Hatter

Mark,
thanks for posting these pics. If nothing else it gives me a far greater understanding of why so many consider 1.75lb (plus) rods to be so heavy. I'd call some of these rivers "becks".;)

Hi men ,

Neil , just the right amount of stuff for a day !, we walked bloody miles , but Tom was happy to sit in the carpark swim , great times .

Hatter

Hi men,

Proper fishing thread , nice stuff pons !.

After this pic , perhaps more swims with rods in eh ?, lots of those on all our cameras !.

marden.jpg

This is for you Chris , what would you call this drop dead river then ?:D , a dribble ?. This is my favourite fishing picture ever , and says what mine and Sues fishing is all about !, pukka , and not a big fish for miles !, because there is more to fishing .

Hatter

Last edited:
Back