• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Action Pics

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men ,

Its sometimes hard to get action pics as ours is generally a solitary sport . The other day I was lucky to be sitting on the bank as Sue played a nice fish on the Teme . As James was on the net I managed to get a few shots .

46afa1b2.jpg

Full test curve .

ef03a791.jpg

In the net she goes !.

Any more out there ?.

hatter

Hi men,

Derek , I like action / rod shots better than the "holding fish " type , but take them just to update a web site . Even just a slightly diff angle of the standard holding fish pic is better . Here is Sue posing with her third Teme double last week , facing another camera .

acc6a345.jpg

It shows the fish better , gives it the thickness that you miss on the side on pics .

Hatter

Last edited:
Nice pics Mark, the first one will make most modern carpers cringe at the thought of putting such a bend in the carbon...nice demonstration of what a rod is meant to do mate ;)

Now get back down the kennet:p

Nice pics Mark, the first one will make most modern carpers cringe at the thought of putting such a bend in the carbon...nice demonstration of what a rod is meant to do mate ;)

Now get back down the kennet:p

Not sure what you mean by that Paul. As a fairly recent ex carper, I frequently had more of a bend in my carp rods than that, and thought nothing of it :confused:

Cheers, Dave.

Not sure what you mean by that Paul. As a fairly recent ex carper, I frequently had more of a bend in my carp rods than that, and thought nothing of it :confused:

Cheers, Dave.

It is what it is, as you well know most of the requirement in those 2.5 tc carp rods is to 'punch' out big weights or feeders, rarely do you have to use the rod as a tool as this was demonstrated in the pictures.
Every 'lil 'ol comment about carp and carping seems to bring you out in a rage, :p

Dave,

It was addressed to Mark and he knows what I mean....(I do fish for carp-still)

Neil,

That just about sums it up thanks

Tommo

Hi men,

Derek , I like action / rod shots better than the "holding fish " type , but take them just to update a web site . Even just a slightly diff angle of the standard holding fish pic is better . Here is Sue posing with her third Teme double last week , facing another camera .

acc6a345.jpg

It shows the fish better , gives it the thickness that you miss on the side on pics .

Hatter
I like that one, Hatter. It makes the fish look more three dimensional. In some photos, the fish looks like it's stuffed, but not here.

Back