• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A very sad announcement

Paul Whiteing

Administrator
Staff member
It is with sadness that I tell you that over the Xmas period our good friend Ray Ellis (Rayo) passed away in hospital. His dear wife posted this earlier on FB so it is now ok for me to share the devastating news with you all.

C83_B7331-_B916-49_C7-_A027-5003_C856_CC93.jpg

RIP Ray, and sincere condolences to Linda and his family.

First met Ray at the Teme fish in think he was one of only 3 to catch. Met him a few times since on the Wye. He was a lovely bloke great sense of humour and no mean angler. He'll be missed by all who knew him. RIP my friend.

RIP Rayo my old mucker gonna miss our message exchanges and occasional outings will remember fondly the fish in's trips to the Wye and Taff and a couple of times when you ventured over to the Bristol Avon. Rest easy my friend.

Gutted, Ray was one of my closest mates on bfw, gonna miss him and his funny old ways, Lots of memories of good fishing trips with him,
Linda we have never met but i heard so much about you from ray, my deepest condolences on the loss of ray, hell i cant handle this bye

That's very sad news.
Great memories of Ray at various BFW fish-ins - real character.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Very, very sad.
We had some great fishing times together and wonderful laughs.
My condolences to Linda, Sara and Family.
RIP Ray - never forgotten.

One of the original BFWers with a great sense of humour.
Attended many of the Fish Ins. Never forget my introduction to Dolly on the Loddon one.

Cheers Rayo. Rest in Peace.

Sad news indeed i have some great memories of our times fishing and laughing with your sidekick malc.
Rest easy rayo.

Very sorry to hear this, Rayo along with Malc they were the first people to help me on BFW when I moved down to S Wales with knowledge of the area.

RIP Rayo...

Can't believe the reason I'm back posting on this wonderful Website.

Unfortunately fishing and I parted company back a few years ago, so my involvement with BFW ceased.

But I really must pass on my respect to one, whom can only be described as one of the greatest of mates I've ever had. As you older members know, Rayo and I were inseparable for many years and I couldn't begin to list the amount of Fun, Laughs, Arguments (lol) ext we shared on the river bank and occasionally in a pub somewhere.

When Rayo and I were together there was never a dull moment, and I would sincerely like to thank him for the pleasure he brought to my time on the bank

As JW, never did meet you Linda but felt as if I knew you from the amount of time I spent with Ray, my sincere condolences to you and the family.

Rayo rest in peace my best buddie and don't you fret Dolly will be well cared for.

Malc

Lovely words Malc, you 2 were an unrivalled double act on the riverbank and I truly do cherish the times we spent together on The Taff, Bristol Avon and Wye.
Rayo and I didn't always see eye to eye (especially regarding football) but then again, the world would be a boring place if we all shared the same thoughts...........
Rayo was a cranky, stubborn old bugger, but that's what made him who he was.......... fun to be with, a good friend and a 1/2 decent angler to boot !!
I've made some wonderful friends through BFW over the years and Rayo will leave a big hole in that.
I do truly treasure those friendships and the good times they have brought me. Life is very short lads, live for the moment !!!

Nice to see Malc back on here will hopefully catch up with you in the new year and we will raise a glass hopefully.

I was extremely saddened to hear the news of Rayo's passing.

Thinking back to the earlier days of BFW where Rayo was a very regular poster and almost guaranteed attendee at the fishins, I realise that it was people like Ray that made this a great community to be part of. Always willing to speak his mind and a great laugh with it.

Rest in peace Rayo - you will be very sadly missed.

Andy

Back