• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A very sad announcement

Lads
Just to say, a cherished friend of mine/ours was peacefully laid to rest today at a beautiful service that was attended by many. The reading brought back many great memories of Ray and reminded me of just what a character he was. The pictures of Ray at the service were like the one on the home page, mostly taken by myself, and that wicked grin on his face tells you he's just beaten my PB.

It was nice to be able to pass on my condolences to Linda and family in person, but unfortunately due to work commitments I could only stay for the service so never got the chance to say hello to anyone else.

Ray
Rest in peace my friend, although knowing Rayo he's already found that perfect Barbel river in the sky and I'm sure I can hear him uttering those immortal words "Clarkie mines bigger than yours" you will be missed mate.

Malc

It is with sadness that I tell you that over the Xmas period our good friend Ray Ellis (Rayo) passed away in hospital. His dear wife posted this earlier on FB so it is now ok for me to share the devastating news with you all.

C83_B7331-_B916-49_C7-_A027-5003_C856_CC93.jpg

RIP Ray, and sincere condolences to Linda and his family.

RIP Ray.

Back