• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

7th Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge

Mike Hodgkiss

Morning folks . This years drink , sorry fish in, will be held on Saturday the 13th of October 2012 on the traditional venue of the Yorkshire Ouse at Cherryfields , courtesy of Newton on Ouse AC. Fishing will be from 1-7pm , draw at 12 midday . Post fish revelries at the Black Horse Tollerton . Up for grabs will be the much coveted Ousemeister shield and the Tommy Ruffe challenge trophy .Just for laughs , and in line with my current obsession with catching fish on old bits of cane , there will be an additional prize of a bottle of Jack Daniels to anyone who catches a barbel on a cane rod .Can people let me know if they wish to attend by posting here or contacting me by e mail mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com , no PM's .Please advise if you want a meal afterwards so I can book in at the pub .More details to follow ,Cheers . Mods can you put a sticky on this post , thanks

Last edited:
I reckon it'll be cheaper and more convivial than a day at York races throwing money at the bookies so count me in.

Food as well please.

Cheers,

Gavin

Hi Mike,
how you doing? Well I hope!
As per usual I will attend if work permits, I shall let you know for definite nearer the day.
I figure eventually I will catch a fish, does not have to be a barbel any fish would do,
cheers, Leon

The TRT is safe and well in my trophy cabinet - I will ensure it is transported safely to the hostelry after the day's antics.

Oh, I'll be fishing, btw. :)

R.

Hi Guys,

Mike, although I'll be there on the 13th in defense of the trophy, I won't be able to make the follow on festivities I am afraid.

I've got to get down to the Brum area later that evening and so I might also have to cut short my line wetting time. :-(

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Steve

Which field are we fishing in ?
I bet all our fish have been washed into the Humber and have swam up the Trent(again)

There are still a few swimming around in mother Ouse Ken :D

Not long till the big day now . The Ouse is now well within it's banks indeed it is only a couple of feet above normal and looking good . No significant rain forecast so unlikely to be flooded out . Those who haven't commited yet it would be appreciated if you could let me know your plans so I can work out the number of swims required , let the pub know how many to expect for food . I am sure Ousemeister Bowes will oblige with his technical skills and put a map up for those unfamiliar with the venue

Back